Evenflo Secure Kid 300/400 Specs

Pablo23

I am very interested in this Evenflo SecureKid 300/400. I am looking for a seat that will last until my child is able to use adult seatbealts.

However, I have found that Evenflo has a model called "Symphony DLX" that seems to have the same height and weight limits than SecureKid but also is convertible, which is a great plus for the future kid.

Could anyone confirm me that Symphony is better than this seat in alll aspects?

Thanks in advance.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Neither will last until the child can fit in an adult seatbelt. The securekid will last longer as a booster though, as far as I know.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Neither will last until the child can fit in an adult seatbelt. The securekid will last longer as a booster though, as far as I know.

I had both side by side the other day (and a kid to try in both) and I honestly don't think the SecureKid would last much longer than the Symphony in booster mode. The shape of the back is different between the two seats so I think the posture of the child in the seat makes for a pretty even time frame for use.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, you'll need at least a backless booster later (as cheap as $13 at walmart, and convenient to have for kids age 5 and up as a 'spare' anyway, when they start riding places with friends and you don't want to move a big seat from car to car), as kids typically outgrow either of these seats at maybe 6-7 (I'm guessing), but need a booster of some sort till roughly 4 foot 9 to 5 feet tall, age 10-12, depending on the child and the car.
You can start a new thread asking about the various pros and cons of seats and tell us about the cars and kids, and we can help you pick out just the right one, too :)

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I am very interested in this Evenflo SecureKid 300/400. I am looking for a seat that will last until my child is able to use adult seatbealts.

However, I have found that Evenflo has a model called "Symphony DLX" that seems to have the same height and weight limits than SecureKid but also is convertible, which is a great plus for the future kid.

Could anyone confirm me that Symphony is better than this seat in alll aspects?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pablo - I just answered your question on the blog but I'll copy and paste my reply to you here:

The Symphony is a 3-in-1 seat that can be used for a younger child because it can be installed rear-facing. The Secure Kid is forward-facing only so it’s more appropriate for kids over age 2. Both seats can be used as a booster when the harness is outgrown.

How old/tall/heavy is your child right now? The 5-point harness on the Secure Kid is taller than the harness on the Symphony so it will last longer before being outgrown. Most kids will outgrow the 5-pt harness by height before reaching the 65 lbs weight limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC