Please help me not destroy my vehicle headrests

babyherder

Starting next week I'm supposed to be picking up an almost 4 (but not yet) year old from school and driving her home. She's about 45lbs and tall but still fits by height in an evenflo triumph advance. So I thought I'd order an evenflo maestro from amazon to use with her (I'm ok with boostering once she's at least 4 when she outgrows the maestro and I have a vivo). But the instruction manual says
"Adjust, or remove, the vehicle headrest, in the seat
where the child restraint is to be fastened, so that
the back of the child restraint rests against the vehicle
seat back."
I can't do that cause my vehicle headrests don't move! Would I be a terrible person if I used the maestro without adjusting the headrest? I mean, I CAN'T adjust the headrest so what the blank am I supposed to do???? The carseat would rest against the vehicle seat back, just maybe not the whole vehicle seat back.

The Nauti manual doesn't seem to have that warning but I don't want to spend over $100 on a carseat right now! Plus the maestro looks so easy to adjust which is great for use with multiple kids. And it comes with red accents. And I like red. And its cheaper and I'm trying to pay off student loans.:( Sorry, this turned into a big long thing. But you guys get car seats frustrations and no one in real life does. I had the same issue with booster seats. I just want to buy a reasonably priced carseat that I like and use it and drool over it without worrying about my stupid headrests!!!!

ADS

momtoo3

Ds3 is in a Maestro in FIL's car. His headrests don't remove either. It was a pain to install and I had to do 3 complete turns of the buckle stalk to get it tight but it is rock solid. The back rests against the seat up to where the headrest is and also further up on the headrest so there is only about a 3-4 inch gap. Since it is rock solid I am okay with it. It is better than many of the other seats I have tried in his car.

babyherder

I tried a Maestro at BabiesrUs this morning and it fits!!!! Once I install it, its pretty much below the headrest anyway and the whole car seat back is against the back of the vehicle seats. I still hate my headrests but I'm happy the Maestro fits. BabiesrUs only had a hideous brown and green version so I have a red and black version on the way from Amazon. I kinda want a Nauti but the Maestro still looks much easier to deal with and is similar to the Chase that I could install in about 60 sec so I'm happy. I'll have to uninstall and reinstall often so something I don't mind moving is best. I'm hoping my 45lb 3 year old takes a little longer to gain those last 5lbs so I can harness her until she's over 4 but if it only lasts till 4 I can live with that.

babyherder

Ds3 is in a Maestro in FIL's car. His headrests don't remove either. It was a pain to install and I had to do 3 complete turns of the buckle stalk to get it tight but it is rock solid. The back rests against the seat up to where the headrest is and also further up on the headrest so there is only about a 3-4 inch gap. Since it is rock solid I am okay with it. It is better than many of the other seats I have tried in his car.

Its nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue. The way some car seat manuals are written its like the company never heard of cars without removable headrests.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC