News Forum Maintenance

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I anticipate that the forums will be down or in read-only mode tonight (Thursday 12/29) for a period of at least a couple hours, possibly extending longer or overnight if there are any issues. This could begin around 10PM central time, perhaps a bit earlier. I apologize for any inconvenience in advance!

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I apologize for the ongoing issues. Things never go as easy as you hope. Ultimately, there were some issues and I will have to try again another day. Sorry for the downtime. I hope to complete this overnight sometime within the next 1-2 weeks.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I may attempt again tomorrow night (New Years Eve) to avoid disruptions to members as much as possible. If so, the downtime will begin about 9pm eastern time Saturday.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I may attempt again tomorrow night (New Years Eve) to avoid disruptions to members as much as possible. If so, the downtime will begin about 9pm eastern time Saturday.

The next attempt will be tonight, 12/31, around 6pm pacific time, 9pm eastern time. Based on experience from 2 days ago, I hope the forums will only be down an hour or two, then in read-only mode into the night.

Please be aware that though we will try to make sure no posts or content are lost, this cannot be guaranteed. In particular, it is possible that the most recent posts at the time of the maintenance could be lost. I believe this will be avoided this time, but please make sure to save any important work locally if you post later today.

All current susbscribers at any level, sponsors included, will be given a 1-month extension as a Thank You for your support and for your patience with the maintenance. Please note that extensions only affect forum accounts and are not extensions of other advertising sponsorship agreements (for example, premier sponsorship banners, sub forum sponsorships, etc).

As before, I will try to post updates at our facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/carseatorg

Qarin

There's a link to the chat room that avoids the board, but it's got this text:

Car-seat.org Live Chat Room for Senior Community Members and Technical Professionals (Members Only)

Please access the chat rooms directly from the forums unless you are having technical issues. More information about problems using the live chat room can be found on this thread at Car-Seat.Org. If that doesn't work, try one of the options below. Please do not post, share or otherwise give this webpage or post the links below anywhere other than the chat rooms, the senior community member private forum or the technical professionals forum. Thank you.

Is it really only for SCM/technical professionals, or could that link be posted publically, in case people with no lives want some new year's eve chat?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Can you please send me the link and I will try to update it then re-post it.

It's fine to use the direct login method while the forums are down. Unfortunately, for a brief time, the chat room may not be able to communicate with the forum to authenticate user logins. Those already in the chat room should be able to remain there, though.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Maintenance is complete. Please note that the forums may appear to be lower traffic for a couple days. Some members will be seeing the read-only version for a longer period of time than others, based on how long it takes their internet provider to update.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC