Saturn Outlook and car seat picture thread

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Everyone else who has an Outlook and pictures with seats installed please add on. :) If you drive a GMC Acadia, or a Buick Enclave, please feel free to share those pictures as well since they are all built on the same platform. :thumbsup:

There was a request for some pictures of different seats installed in the Outlook, and since there are a number of board members buying this vehicle, I thought I'd post some of my pictures. :thumbsup:

Safeseat1 center with belt. Marathon Outboard passenger with belt. Both are rock solid Bench can be moved all the way forward and front seats can be moved all the way back and reclined slightly without touching the SS1.
carseat2ndfolderstartjuly07008.jpg

Marathon tethered rf'ing passenger outboard. Bench was slid forward all the way in order to brace it. Front passenger seat could be moved almost all the way back and slightly reclined. Good tether spot around seat track and doesn't interfere with adjusting the seat.

outlookdeliverypictures007.jpg

outlookdeliverypictures008.jpg

Rf'ing radian and rf'ing marathon, both installed with LATCH, both tethered and outboard.
rdadianmarch07015.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I don't currently own one but hope to sometime next year. I will most likely be getting the Acadia b/c it has a few features that the Outlook doesn't. We did have an Acadia back in Jan for a 4 days and I took a couple pictures. I'll get dh to load them on our website tonight.

npr74

:love: Update! I just got my two Radian's (one princess & one super cool), and I can get 3 across in the second row!!! We are using the 2 FF Radians and 1 RF Marathon. I will post photos soon...

Nicole :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

I've now had 3 across in our 2nd row with a SS1, a rf'ing MA and a ff'ing Radian. It was tight, but acceptable for all 3. (Radian was in the center, SS driver side and MA passenger outboard)

radianoutlookinstalls016.jpg

(crummy lighting because pic was taken with our DVD cam while our camera was in for repair and it was dark out, but it gives you the idea anyways.)

Kleine hexe

Trudy, are all these pics you posted using the 2nd row? Do you have a 3rd row? If it is the 2nd row I didn't know it came in a bench option...I'm looking at captain chairs for sure.

snowbird25ca

Trudy, are all these pics you posted using the 2nd row? Do you have a 3rd row? If it is the 2nd row I didn't know it came in a bench option...I'm looking at captain chairs for sure.

Yes, those are all 2nd row. I do have a 3rd row, but we pretty much never use it. I know that my SS1 and MA both install very easily in the center 3rd row position - I never tried either outboard. I'm also not positive about the space between the 2 rows being enough for the installed SS1 - I didn't think to check that, I was just checking if the seatbelt would install a seatbelt easily in that position. :eek:

snowbird25ca

Does the extra seat in the 2nd row come out/fold down?

No, if you have the 2nd row bench, it's a 60/40 split. Both sides tumble forward for access to the 3rd row, but they have to be in the upright/locked position for travel. They can be slid forward and back though, so that's why I'm not positive on space for a rf'ing seat back there. The center seating position of the 2nd row is 100% on the 60 portion of the vehicle seat, so there isn't any overhang. You can't tumble the seats forward with a seat installed though.

The 3rd row is also a 60/40 split, and from what I remember, there's nothing in the manual prohibiting having the 3rd row half up/half down. The 3rd row can be removed, although I'm not sure how easy it is to do.

My guess is captain's chairs would be much easier if you're having kids in and out of the 3rd row regularly, but it depends... my SS1 base installs so easily I'd have no problems with taking it in and out constantly if I had to. I'd probably put kids in through the tail gate though if I was using the 3rd row...

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
That is what I am trying to figure out for our new Acadia. Do, I want the bench since it would be nice to be able to transport 1 more person. But, The caption chairs make it easy to access the 3rd row esp with CSR installed in the 2nd row.

G

gloried

Thanks for the pictures!! I testdrove the Outlook the other day and had a lot of trouble installing my Marathon. The headrest seemed to interfere with pushing the carseat flush with the back of the second row bench seat. I feel relieved that you seem to have overcome that problem as I love this car platform and am very much considering geting the Enclave.

Did you run into the headrest problem? Any tips? That headrest didn't seem adjustable and the dealer wasn't much help in figuring it out.

I'll be putting my 4yr old in a Regent, my 2yr old in the Marathon and my expected baby in a Baby Trend bucket seat.

P.S. I'm thinking of geting the 8 seater. I think I could put all the kids across the 2nd row, but was also thinking of folding over 60% of the second row and putting one of the kids in the other 40% of the second row. Then I'd have my other two kids outboard in the 3rd row. My idea is I can just throw all the kids in the car and then climb in, sitting on the flat bench that is created by the folded over 2nd row seat, to get everyone buckled. This keeps me from leaning into the car during rain and snow or having to open the doors too much when I'm in a tight parking space.

GGL

snowbird25ca

Thanks for the pictures!! I testdrove the Outlook the other day and had a lot of trouble installing my Marathon. The headrest seemed to interfere with pushing the carseat flush with the back of the second row bench seat. I feel relieved that you seem to have overcome that problem as I love this car platform and am very much considering geting the Enclave.

Did you run into the headrest problem? Any tips? That headrest didn't seem adjustable and the dealer wasn't much help in figuring it out.

I'll be putting my 4yr old in a Regent, my 2yr old in the Marathon and my expected baby in a Baby Trend bucket seat.

P.S. I'm thinking of geting the 8 seater. I think I could put all the kids across the 2nd row, but was also thinking of folding over 60% of the second row and putting one of the kids in the other 40% of the second row. Then I'd have my other two kids outboard in the 3rd row. My idea is I can just throw all the kids in the car and then climb in, sitting on the flat bench that is created by the folded over 2nd row seat, to get everyone buckled. This keeps me from leaning into the car during rain and snow or having to open the doors too much when I'm in a tight parking space.

GGL

I had troubles when I did our test drive too. Then I read the car manual before installing the car seats to take them home, and it turns out the 2nd row needs to be in the reclined position when installing car seats (and while they're installed as well.) This 100% eliminated the problem. (And taught me to read vehicle manuals even if I'm only test driving a vehicle.)

I'd think you'd be able to fit 3 across the 2nd row with a narrow infant bucket without too much trouble. The 2nd row does need to be up when you're travelling, but they're easy enough to tumble forward that you could definitely move it to put kids in and out of the 3rd row every time.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to put 2 kids on the 60 part of the bench, and then 1 center 3rd row since the tether anchor is in the center back there. I know for sure that a ff'ing Marathon is compatible in the 3rd row center position. We don't have regents in Canada so I'm not sure about that one. But if you go with the 8 seater, I think that would be my preference - then you'd have a tether anchor for the 3rd row child.

snowbird25ca

Here's a few new pictures to update this thread.

Evenflo Triumph Advance, rf'ing passenger outboard & installed with LATCH:
DSC00435.jpg

(radian is ff'ing and installed with LATCH driver's outboard in the background)

Radian installed w/seatbelt in center, rf'ing MA installed with LATCH passenger outboard.
kidsstartedoct29011.jpg

Rf'ing radian passenger outboard w/LATCH, center MA w/seatbelt.
carseat2ndfolderstartjuly07118.jpg

(All pictures with ff'ing seats are top tethered. I don't bother saying it in my posts because I'm in Canada & it's mandatory here, but just in case anyone is wondering, they are top tethered.)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I still want to find someone with one of the verisons of the Outlook/Acadia to see if the Regent will install SBP. I know it will work LBP but I know 1 of our Regent will be the new instructions since we will be replacing the MA at the end of the year.

We are looking at the new Chevy Traverse (Chevy's verison of the Outlook).

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Here is the pictures I took last year. This is in a GMC Acadia with 2nd row caption chairs. This is not our vehicle it was a demo that GM allowed us to test drive for 3 days as part of a program they were running for current GM owners last year.

Regent is installed driver outboard using LBP, no recline bar & top tethered. These were taken before the enhancement and my Regents are the old instructions so I can follow the old manual.
IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

Marathon installed pass outboard via LATCH.
IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

Melizerd

Outlook owners, can you get 2 adults and a Marathon (in any position) (either rfing or ffing) in the back?

My mom is looking at one for her and we often move our seat to her car. She wants to be able to get 5 people in the car with Gabe in his carseat :D

snowbird25ca

Outlook owners, can you get 2 adults and a Marathon (in any position) (either rfing or ffing) in the back?

My mom is looking at one for her and we often move our seat to her car. She wants to be able to get 5 people in the car with Gabe in his carseat :D

That'd be super duper easy in either the 7 or 8 passenger model.

There's lot of room for adults in the 2nd row - I could sit behind the passenger seat & with the 2nd row all the way back and the front passenger seat all the way back my knees just barely touched the passenger seat. I'm 5'7" with about a 31" inseam if that gives you an idea...

If you had the 2nd row slid forward, then there's adequate room in the 3rd row for an adult too provided they're not too big.

There are only headrests in the outboard positions, so the adults would have to use the outboard positions, but there are TA's in the 3rd row center and all middle row seating positions.

So yeah, I can say it'd work fine I'm sure. I've sat beside the MA on the 60 portion when it was installed ff'ing center 2nd row.

I also know the MA installs ff'ing no prob center of 3rd row, so you could always have adults and kids split between the 2 rows if need be.

When we took our test drive we had the kids in the 2nd row and the sales man in the 3rd row.

I've sat on the driver side with a MA installed in the center & ds's radian was rf'ing passenger outboard - but that 40 section is wider so his SS1 also worked well there and if there's room on the 60 section for me there'd be room on the 40 section as well. It wasn't super comfy for me, but I had my cousin back there one day and she was comfy. (12yrs old) Dh managed to fit back there as well, but he wasn't comfy - he's a great big guy though...

I haven't tried the MA rf'ing center 2nd row, next time I have it out of the truck I'll try that. It'll be interesting to see how it puzzles next to the EFTA too.. although I suspect with the EFTA being such a wide seat that might be a no-go. :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

Another update, unfortunately no pic to go along with it, but I had another 3 across in my 2nd row tonight.

Ff'ing MA installed w/seatbelt driver outboard, SS1 center, rf'ing EFTA installed w/LATCH passenger outboard.

It was an incredibly tight fit, and the edge of the MA base was literally 1/4" from the edge of the seat and it's likely that the SS1 would've had to be left in the vehicle all the time, but it did fit. (Installing the EFTA with the seatbelt likely would've given a small amount of room, but since it was on the 40 split, it wouldn't have been much.)

Considering all 3 of those seats are fairly wide and the SS1 and MA generally don't puzzle well together, I'm starting to think that there are a lot of 3 across combos that could work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC