2012 VW jetta advice

lahuffman

Dh wants to trade in my gas guzzling 07 explorer for a 2012 jetta. I have a RF RN80SL for my 3 year old and bought a SR30 for #2 due in June. I specifically bought the SR 30 because I tried it in the center seat in the explorer and it fit perfectly with a wonderful seatbelt install, will it fit center in the jetta? I currently have DD RF behind the driver seat in the explorer and would like to keep her in that position in the jetta will it work there, I would like to keep her RF thru the winter than I will flip her when I install the seat for #2 in June (DD will be 3y9m by then). I need to keep the passenger seat open for a girl that I pick up/watch after school, she passes the 5 step test.

So my questions are #1 will RF radian fit behind the driver seat? Will it fit FF behind driver seat when the time comes? Will the SR 30 fit in the center position? Will this work, is the backseat wide enough? I wanted to find out before I drag the seats to the dealership test install!

Anyone have any idea about the trunk space? Will a Mac volo and a Peg pliko p3 fit back there? Wil there be room left for groceries, etc?

Thank you!!!!

ADS

crystalcm

Did you get the Jetta? I'm told that our next company car will likely be a 2012 Jetta and I'm curious to know how it is with car seats. I have two rear facing right now, and I like to sit in between them whenever my husband is driving to help keep everyone happy. We have a Britax Boulevard that needs replacing soon and a Safety 1st onBoard Air bucket.

lahuffman

I test drove and installed both seats with what appeared to be room for a 3rd back there. I put the radian rf behind driver and passenger with the snug ride 30 in the center. Both allowed the unused outboard seat to have room for another passenger. The radian also worked ff in the jetta. The jetta was very carseat friendly!
We ended up getting the 2012 VW CC, that only has 2 back seats and the radian only works ff. I won't be needing to put 3 in the backseat so we went with the CC instead ( we are just leasing so if needs change in 3 years we will pick a different model)

Congrats. The CC is beautiful.

I worry about the Jetta. The Jetta and Passat are new under VW's new plan to become the largest automaker in the world.

Their plan for that (at least in the US) is to make the cars bigger, but a LOT cheaper. New plants making them too (which also makes it cheaper).

The problem is, and the reason I'm posting (for people considering the new Jetta and Passat), is that brand new designs tend to have growing pains. That's why they tell you not to buy the first year of any car. Also, new plants also have growing pains. These tend to last years.

For US plants, no matter what the manufacturer, the first few years of a plant has always seen quality issues. Often major. Mercedes, BMW, Nissan, etc. Combine that with the first year of a new model and that sounds like a recipe for BIG trouble. Particularly since VW's don't have a rep for reliability in the first place.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC