What seats do you find you suggest the most?

jenfrogmom

When people ask for suggestions, do you usually suggest the same seats time and time again? I am just curious. :)

ADS

Brianna

I have a list of convertibles that I give people to choose from, and if they want more info than the weight limits I'll give them a pro/con breakdown. For FF children, it largely depends on height/weight. I'm not going to recommend a Maestro to a 48 pound 3 year old, and the if I know budget is tight, I'm not even going to mention a Frontier for a 30 pound 3 year old.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I do have a core group of seats I recommend, but the child's stats largely determine exactly what I recommend.

AtTheSouthDam

Here or to the general populace? To friends and local people I recommend things local to them and what fits their price range. Like the tiny 4yo and her babysitter who hangs out with us. I actually recommended the Cosco combo seat or a scenera because she would have plenty of room to grow and they're inexpensive.
To the friend who need a HWH because her son was eating the seat belt in his booster I told her the Nautilus would likely be her best bet in her price range.
Another I recommended the MR because she was open to extended RF.
So what I would recommend varies greatly.

Here; I rarely do because you all beat me to and I would just be repeating what has already been said :)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
MyRide and Nautilus. They can be bought in box stores, they're not super-spendy, they fit MOST kids and MOST cars, and they don't have a lot of quirks.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Locally (all available locally)
Cozy carry (front adjuster), onboard35, snugrides
Scerena,myride, complete air, triumph
Maestro, nautilus
Turbos

On here all the above plus
Keyfits
Radians, truefits
Frontiers
Parkways, monterey, probooster

I ask for info from parent before suggesting seats just like on here. So sometimes online seats are suggested to local people too. Many times though they need seats now and can't wait for shipping.

Seats I never/rarely suggest: alpha omegas, comfort sports, tributes, cosco combos.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Snugride (front adjusts), MyRide, Nautilus. All are affordable and pretty easy installs.

christineka

When money is no object:
Convertibles: #1 Radian, #2 True Fit
Infant seats: depends, I like most of the front adjust ones
combos: frontier
Boosters: vivo, monterey, parkway sgl

When it has to be budget priced:
Safety 1st comfy carry, tribute or scenera, maestro, and turbobooster.

jess71903

Ambassador
Yep, and many based on my personal bias (i.e. I RARELY recommend a Radian because I had such a bad time with mine.)

SR35, KeyFit 30

MyRide, True Fit

Nautilus, Maestro

jenfrogmom

Key Fit
Evenflo Titan
Roundabout 55
My Ride
Nauti
Frontier 85
Maestro

Rarely a Radian because there is too much room for error.

Last edited:

KaiLing

I kind of hate to say it, but I find myself in person recommending, or at least explaining, Britaxes more than I'd like. I seem to come across a lot of people who *want* Britaxes and want to move their seat around often and want to put them in small cars and are on board with 24 months but not beyond ERF.

In my head my list is OnBoard, KeyFit, MyRide, Triumph Advance, Radian, Nauti, Frontier. But I just keep running into these darn Britax conversations.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC