Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Smile Bought the Triumph Advance at BRU Today

I have been looking for a car seat for my 16 month old for a while. I wanted a seat that would allow him to be in a 5 pt harness until between ages 5-6, when he can use his big brother's Regent that he will no longer need. Well, at home I have a Boulevard and Radian 65 that I bought from Target.com. I wasn't thrilled with either, but thought about keeping the Boulevard. Then, I thought I would go check out the Triumph Advance everyone keeps talking about. Well, I really like it. I compared it side by side to the Boulevard and it is the same height. Actually, the seats are pretty similar. Then, when you look at the $130 Triumph Advance (I got the blackish seat which is the same as the sandbox seat, but $20 less), vs. the $300 Boulevard and I couldn't justify the price difference. I sat my 4.5 year old in it and he has some room left height wise, which shocked me because he is tall for his age. So, I think I am going to stick with it. I wanted to wait for the Recaro Como, but I am so tired of waiting that I think I am going to stay with the Triumph Advance. My husband will be thrilled that I have this "project" off of the list.

Anyone have any thoughts who has seen the Triumph Advance and read about the Recaro Como about why you would pay $$$ more for the Recaro? (I realize this is a tough question to answer having not seen the new Recaro's, but I would really like to put this to rest in my mind and pick one. I just want to make sure I haven't really missed anything big. We can afford the Recaro, no issue, but I don't want to pay a ton more if they are basically the same)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Re: Bought the Triumph Advance at BRU Today

The new Recaros will will go to 70lbs, have 19 inch top slots, and rear-face tether. I also like the side impact protection.

But, the Advance is a really nice seat too. I've seen it and like lots about it. Especially how easy the harness height adjusts.
    I'm glad you found a seat that you like and it should last you along time!
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Re: Bought the Triumph Advance at BRU Today

The Como and Signo's top slots are supposed to be roughly 2 inches taller than the Triumph Advance.

The Como and Signo will tether rear-facing.

The Como and Signo will harness to 70 pounds forward-facing.

Those are the reasons *I* would consider those over a Triumph Advance, but the Advance is still an awesome seat! I think Hayley would be about even with the top slots, from what I've heard (everyone says the Advance top slots fit kids a bit taller than Britax MA top slots), so it's a seat that should actually last kids to the full harnessed weight limit of 50 pounds. I just think I'd go with a Como or Signo because it should last years longer.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche