Booster for vacation: Turbobooster or Protek or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vacationready

I need to buy and ship a high back booster to my parents house in the next week as they will be picking us up at the airport for a month long visit. We're taking the train then submway to the airport in NYC, so we will not be carrying our seat with us.

I've looked at the Graco Turbobooster, and I saw the Cosco Protek online as a good value. Are there others to consider? What would be the best (while affordable) choice?
Their car is new with latch, etc. (07 Camry), but their extra car we use to get around on our own while we are there does not (98 Camry), so I'll need something that does OK in either.

My son is 4 and weighs 44 lbs. We're going to leave the seat there for future vacations. They will also use it for my nephew, who is about the same size as my son.

Thanks so much!!

ADS

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
I'd go with the Turbobooster. The Protetek is fairly narrow. My almost 11y/o fits in the Turbobooster with room to spare (w/o the base).

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I definitely don't recommend the Protek. I have one that I use as a spare and it doesn't offer enough support. It's way too easy for kids (especially a 4 yr old) to lean out of the seat belt in the Protek, especially if they fall asleep and lean to the side. The Turbobooster is a much better option, IMO. Hopefully someone else will have more suggestions! :thumbsup:

ThreeBeans

IMO, the Protek looks as though it'll fall apart if you sneeze on it. It also looks horribly uncomfortable. I'd go with the TB.

clipfish

Thanks! (I'm the original poster. I remembered my login name from a previous question)

I haven't seen the cosco one in person, so I appreciate the opinions. Turbobooster it is.

Kellyr2

Just like the Apex, the Protek requires that there be a vehicle headrest behind the kid's head. The head support is just for comfort. Definitely the Graco. We had a protek before I knew that it wasn't as good, and I did always feel like it was way too flimsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC