Which booster do you recommend?

syanchyk

Looking to move my 4 year old son from the Britax Marathon to the Frontier or some other Booster. Any thoughts suggestions? I love my Britax and the fact that it easily installs, 5 point harness, side impact padding etc. Anyone put a Frontier XT SICT in a VW Golf? Would love one that has a cup holder too. :)

I am open to any suggestions :)

Thank you,

Sarah

ADS

chay

First of a bunch of questions for you -

What are your son's stats (weight and seated shoulder height)? If you know where his shoulders are in comparison to the Marathon's harness slots that works as well - so for example "he's 1" below the top slots" - make sure you are going by where the actual plastic hole is not where the cover looks like it is.

Any particular reason you want to move him out of the Marathon? If you went with a Frontier are you planning on harnessing for a while before moving to a booster?

Does it need to fit beside other passengers/car seats?

syanchyk

My son weighs 37-38 pounds and is 42 cm tall. His shoulders are about 1 inch below the top slot of the marathon. I want to give his car seat to his little brother rather then buying another marathon I thought the frontier would be better. I would like to keep him in the harness forever if possible ;)

No it does not need to be next to anyone else. Just him and space in the middle and then his brother in a marathon.

Thanks!

chay

Your two best bets then are the Nautilus and Frontier. I agree, don't bother with another Marathon.

Nautilus
- 6 year expiry on the harness, 9 on the booster.
- turns into a low and high back booster

Frontier
- 9 year expiry on everything
- tallest harness on the market ~20" (I think it's ~1.5" taller than the Nautilus - you can check the sticky thread at the top for measurements)
- tallest high back booster on the market

From the stats it sounds like he'll get enough out of either harness to make it to a good booster age/size.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC