Sequoia or Yukon XL/Suburban...

bensmom243

We are trying to decide between these 2 trucks. We will be buying used, probably a 2005 with lowish miles. We will get more features with the Yukon (for the money) but I am a bit concerned about long term reliability. We would like to keep this car for a long time. I have 3 kids, 8, 5, and almost 1 and carpool daily. Has anyone had a Sequoia that they loved or hated?

ADS

chasingboys

My aunt has a 2001 Yukon XL (bought it new) and she has never had any issues with hers. It's an awesome vehicle. I would love an 08'! lol It's on the top of my list for a "new" used vehicle as well.

lovinwaves

SEQUOIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you driven either? The Sequoia is AWESOME!

My old boss had one that I have driven and rode in several times. DH and I immediately fell in love.

Reliability :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
We are trying to decide between these 2 trucks. We will be buying used, probably a 2005 with lowish miles. We will get more features with the Yukon (for the money) but I am a bit concerned about long term reliability. We would like to keep this car for a long time. I have 3 kids, 8, 5, and almost 1 and carpool daily. Has anyone had a Sequoia that they loved or hated?

I have an '05 Tahoe that I LOVE and have not had 1 issue with it since the day we bought 2 1/2yrs ago. I have 37k miles on it and only thing I have had to replace is tires.

I don't know what seats your kids are in but I installed 2 Regents, 1 backless TB & 1 DC in the Lexus verison of the Sequoia last month. The DC was rearfacing pass outboard, 1 Regent driver outboard, 1 Regent 3rd row pass outboard & TB in 3rd row driver outboard. The 3rd row Regent had zero leg room. Plus she had no room for a stroller behind the 3rd row when they were in use.

Before buying I would 100% try your seats out to see which works best for you family. I know the mom I worked with was frustrated at the lack of cargo/storage area esp with have 4 kids and then not being able to put her stroller behind the 3rd row. She had to put it up in the front passenger seat. Not a safe option at all.

bensmom243

Thank you all for your opinions! We drove both this weekend and while I liked the Sequoia, we are going to buy a Yukon XL/Suburban. There are 2 primary reasons, the first is I don't think the Sequoia is going to give us the space we really need (we currently have a Pilot and XC90). Second, the Toyota is just so expensive compared to the GMs. We can get a fully equipped Suburban for about 10K less than a similarily equipped Sequoia. That will pay for lots of repairs if needed! I also feel like even though the Toyota might need fewer repairs, they could be more costly. It is a tough choice for sure!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC