Cosco Regal Rider

ADS

canadiangie

32 inches, if I recall correctly. With a 30lb RF weight limit.

It hasn't been made in years, though. It's actually based off today's Cosco Scenera. We call seats like these first cousins, because they are a little bit different, but definitely from the same family. :)

Are you seeing one in store somewhere? Zellers? Canadian Tire? Be sure to check the date of manufacture if so.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
what is the rear facing height on the Cosco Regal Rider? or it is just one inch from the top of the seat?

I just googled the regal rider and it looks like Canadian Tire is selling a scenera with that "name." It would have a 32" numerical height limit - of course it's up to you whether or not you want to exceed it. A child will easily fit rf'ing in it up to around 36" or so.

no it's on sale at canadian tire for 59.99 and it says it's rf limit is 35 lbs. but i'm so many answers that i don't know what is right. go on the canadian tire sit and you will see it. i just though i would ask but it's 32 in then that is the same as the graco sr35 i have so it wouldn't do me any good to buy that one

canadiangie

no it's on sale at canadian tire for 59.99 and it says it's rf limit is 35 lbs. but i'm so many answers that i don't know what is right. go on the canadian tire sit and you will see it. i just though i would ask but it's 32 in then that is the same as the graco sr35 i have so it wouldn't do me any good to buy that one

No, the answer Trudy gave is correct. It appears CT is selling a Scenera (RF to 35lbs and 32") labelled as a Regal Ride.

My answer is also correct, lol. But for the purposes of your question, as it relates to the CT link you've provided, you can follow Trudy's answer.

Clear as mud? :cool:

snowbird25ca

Okay ladys i would like your opinion on this car seat and if you have had good reviews of this car seat?

Safety 1st Guide 65 convertible

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11862920

That seat would do you wonderfully. Nice tall harness height, 40lb rf'ing limit, and it now can be installed more upright for older children. The pre-2012 compliant Complete Air had a 36" height limit for rf'ing - I'm not sure what the 2012 compliant one has but I know it won't be lower.

This seat is also 2012 compliant - I'm glad to see it in stock, I was starting to wonder when the Safety 1st/Cosco/Dorel seats were going to hit shelves.

eta: You typed the name Guide 65 but linked to the complete Air 65. The Guide 65 isn't actually in stock online yet, and it looks like it may be an online item only. It's a new seat to Canada so I can't tell you anything about the height limits on it. (Note to US folks - Canadian and US seats often have different labeled height limits, with this being a new seat there will be no way to know what the Canadian labeled height limit is until someone sees it, and OP is interested in the numerical limits and not the actual shell height room for rf'ing.)

Hi there yes i was wondering about one in the link i think i must of put the wrong name on there.

still having a problem with the DH saying we aren't buying anymore car seats. He just says well them put her ff ing. and i tryed telling him about the internal decapitation, and all she said was if you are hit hard enough everyone will have that. so he is set that i should just put her front facing when she out grows the graco sr35, and yes she is getting there in the way of height not weight. it's hard for me to tell some times she looks like she has a lot of room other times it looks like she has an inch to the top of the seat. either way i know i have to switcher but i'm so conflicted about what i should do.

snowbird25ca

Hi there yes i was wondering about one in the link i think i must of put the wrong name on there.

still having a problem with the DH saying we aren't buying anymore car seats. He just says well them put her ff ing. and i tryed telling him about the internal decapitation, and all she said was if you are hit hard enough everyone will have that. so he is set that i should just put her front facing when she out grows the graco sr35, and yes she is getting there in the way of height not weight. it's hard for me to tell some times she looks like she has a lot of room other times it looks like she has an inch to the top of the seat. either way i know i have to switcher but i'm so conflicted about what i should do.

I don't know your husband, so I don't know what approach would work best with him. But there is an extremely big difference between a toddler and an adult from a physical standpoint. For starters, in babies and young toddlers, the cervical spinal column is actually in multiple pieces - think of one vertabrae in your neck - it's a solid bone in an adult, right? Well in your daughter, it started out as 3 pieces. The bones in the spinal column finish fusing between the ages of 3 and 6 with some level of vertabrae fusing earlier than others and fusing being an ongoing process. It is not a case of "one day you aren't and the next you are." And this is why every day rf'ing is a day that a baby or toddler is safer.

Until the point where each vertabrae is fully fused in to one piece, the spinal column is more elastic. The bones themselves are able to stretch a greater distance than what the spinal cord can without snapping. That is, an adult or older child's neck isn't physically able to stretch the way that a baby or toddler's neck can stretch because each vertabrae has fused in to one piece and the elasticity is gone. In a young toddler, the spinal column can stretch as much as an inch in a collision. In comparison, the spinal cord can only be stretched 1/2 an inch before it simply breaks resulting in pretty much instantaneous death.

This is a risk that an older child and adult simply doesn't have because their skeletal system is developed and their head is in proportion to the rest of their body. A baby's head is 25% of it's body weight - for a 200lb adult, that would be like carrying a 50lb head. combine that disproportionate distribution of weight with a spinal column that can stretch an excessive amount, and you have the perfect recipe for a toddler to be killed in a collision where the rest of the occupants are uninjured or suffer only minor injuries.

In a similar vein, could he live with himself if your daughter died ff'ing due to a neck injury that could've been prevented had she been rf'ing - especially after all of the discussion the two of you have had?

Why can't you just use the money from the refund at the baby boutique? The complete air is $100 less than the Marathon and will last longer by height and the same amount of time by weight. It's not like you're spending more money - you just returned a car seat. :shrug-shoulders:

the money from the car seat went on a visa so it could be payed off i would have to use my visa in order to buy this next car seat. we don't have a lot of money which is partly why he think we should just use the car seat we have. but i will try. i'm going to try. but this will take a while i will have to work on him lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC