RF and planes.

ADS

kalamos23

Tried, but it was upright to the point of ridiculousness. I had to turn dd ffing on the flight bc it would not have worked, she would have been super uncomfortable.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

jnamommy

I have, but it was very upright. I only kept it RFing because it kept toys/books/blankets on her lap more and so she could look at me and we could play. And she did not want to be FFing ;)

I would never take a Radian on the plane if it had to be RFing for a younger baby who needed it reclined. But I love the Radian for FFing

Pixels

I have. I was not able to use the RFing boot (required for RFing, I made the parental decision not to use it only because we were on a plane). I used the FFing recline and RF tethered the seat so it was stable. Even so, add in the natural slope of the plane, and planes aren't perfectly level when they fly, usually the tail is a bit below the nose, and DD was extremely upright. I had to hold her head up when she slept. On another flight, I put her FFing, and she was more reclined than she had been RFing.

If you get a bulkhead seat, it might work better. That will depend on how far the first row of seats is from the bulkhead.

mrosehughes

When we traveled earlier this month I didn't even bother trying -- it just didn't seem like with the RFing boot it would be possible. However, DS fell asleep on the ride home and his head kept falling forward, so I am going to bring the angle adjuster (assuming I can get my hands on one!) and try it with that on our next trip early next month.

Eclipsepearl

I didn't try. Dd was 3 when we got it but I heard that it works only if you have a bulkhead seat.

You can push the seat in front slightly forward, if no one is in that seat. Don't push it all the way down (even if you can). Messes up the electronics.

Ffing, you can recline the airplane seat and scootch the Radian forward. This wil allow your LO to sleep in a somewhat reclined position. No, not as safe and not for take-off and landing but as long as s/he is strapped in, they're protected from turbulence.

mrosehughes

I didn't try. Dd was 3 when we got it but I heard that it works only if you have a bulkhead seat.

You can push the seat in front slightly forward, if no one is in that seat. Don't push it all the way down (even if you can). Messes up the electronics.

Ffing, you can recline the airplane seat and scootch the Radian forward. This wil allow your LO to sleep in a somewhat reclined position. No, not as safe and not for take-off and landing but as long as s/he is strapped in, they're protected from turbulence.

Sorry to get off-topic, OP, but I almost posted a thread about the bolded.

We reclined the seat all the way back and his head was still falling forward -- but I didn't use the FF recline. Does the FF recline make a big difference?

Pixels

mrosehughes said:
Sorry to get off-topic, OP, but I almost posted a thread about the bolded.

We reclined the seat all the way back and his head was still falling forward -- but I didn't use the FF recline. Does the FF recline make a big difference?

When I did it, I reclined the plane seat, used the FF recline, and pulled the base of the Radian forward before installing. The install was marginal with the seat reclined, then I put it upright for taxi, takeoff, and landing and it was tight. With the RN installed this way she couldn't use the tray table but the trade-off was worth it to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC