Very quick question

ADS

ahgirls

My 45lb 5 year old is on the top slot... She is average/tall. :)

Thanks! Is that what size shirt your daughter wears too? That is what my tall 5 yr old is on as well. I am setting up the seat for her friend. DD2 is having a birthday party today and this is the only friend I am not sure on for harness height.

hrice

I'd go with the top slots to be on the safe side. Above her shoulders is fine but below is not.

crunchierthanthou

It depends on how big her bottom is. ;)

Ds rode in a GN until he was 5.5, and was never on the top slots. However, I'd go with top slots for a one time ride. That's essentially how the new Argos is- the harness always comes from the very top and the headrest slides up and down in front of it.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
J is 4.5 and wears a 5T in some shirts and is on the second to top, but he's almost ready to have them moved up.

emandbri

Elizabeth wears a 6 and I just moved hers to the top slots in the van and in Brian's car she just fits in the second to last slot. Maybe she has long legs though.

jnamommy

ds can wear 4 or 5T shirt (5T is "plenty" big on him). He is on the second to last slots of his Nauti, but won't last there much longer

ahgirls

Top slot worked well.

I never checked if she could have made it on the 2nd slot. :eek: My 12 yr old said the top was perfect. I trusted her on that. There was 5 kids 2 nnb & 3 harness seats. I did of course recheck tightening on the harnesses & chest clips.

DD peanut friend isn't so peanut. She is almost out grown our ma. EEK!

Last edited:

rxmommy

Now I am nervous that Evelyn is over the slots she's on in her GN! :eek: She rides in it rarely in DH's truck and wears size 6 shirts. Last I checked she was on the 2nd to the top slots and had room to grow. DH wants it uninstalled so he can put her in a booster for the weekend though so I will check!!

ahgirls

My DD still barely fits, she wears 7 tops. I check every time she gets in this seat. The Gn is our 2nd seat for her. I know the cover fits slightly below the harness straps on the shell.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC