Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Diono Radian RXT Convertible Review: A New Generation - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Beginning in September, Sunshine Kids changed their name and became Diono (dee-oh-no), feeling it’s a more universally understood name around the world. Diono has introduced a new generation of convertible seats based on the SK Radian line. The main new feature of these carseats is that they can become highback booster seats—they’re now 3-in-1 (rear-facing, [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com and please leave us comments at the Blog!
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Diono Radian RXT Convertible Review: A New Generation - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Check the booster weight limits in the chart.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

Re: Diono Radian RXT Convertible Review: A New Generation - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

SafeStop is only used if the tether or lower anchors are used. The article currently implies that it is used for ANY installation when FFing with a child under 40 lbs.

The R100 has memory foam under the bum, correct?

Is the exterior width at the child's thighs the same as SKJP Radians, or wider?

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels View Post
    Is the exterior width at the child's thighs the same as SKJP Radians, or wider?
    I have been wondering this for months and I keep hearing "the same external width" but it looks like 16.5" instead of 14" which may be a big problem for people that have to puzzle them in opposite directions to make it work. Hopefully the 16.5" is with the leg things folded out and folding them in will return it to its svelte 14" width.

Moderator - CPS Technician

So, no more RF tether? Or did I read that wrong?
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    So, no more RF tether? Or did I read that wrong?
    The owner's manual indicates that RF tethering is acceptable.

Moderator - CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels View Post
    The owner's manual indicates that RF tethering is acceptable.
    Thanks! Reading the comments, I guess it was just an accident that the original review said the tether was for FF only, and it's corrected now.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

It looks like it may be 3/4 of an inch wider at the base than the old Radian. Boo. That may make the difference between "workable" and "not workable" in my Civic for 2-adjacent.

Maybe I'd better hold on to that XTSL I'm not using right now...
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

I see no mention of the much anticipated "toddler foot" for rearfacing use....

nevermind I found it... so literally a block of hard foam to raise it higher lol. Like a big phone book only approved to use with the seat.
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09

Disappointed in the same harness adjuster. Hmmm. Well, it's awhile before I would need a convertible seat.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG