Made a child safer today!

Cath3114

My ex-BFF's daughter. We had a big falling out about 6 weeks ago, but this may have patched things up some.

B is 4y5m. She's been boostered since before 3. I've talked to her mom about it before, but never really got through because we live 8 hours apart. She's 39 pounds and tall, but idk exact measurements.

Baby sister H arrives 11/11. She will be in a Combi Shuttle 33. Mom has listened to my ERF spiels, so did pick a seat that would provide ERF time.

Last night, I posted a ton of links on my FB about ERF, EH, and a crash test showing harm of boostering too early. Mom started asking what she could do to keep B safe, because she wasn't aware she was boostering too early or about the maturity thing. Apparently, a cop gave her a ticket way back when B's head was over her FF seat and told her she was too big and needed to booster.

So she asked for suggestions for a seat B would fit in. I suggested a Nautilus, Argos, or Frontier. She saw the Nautilus is on sale at BRU, and went and bought one a few hours later. She also agreed to get an inspection for both seats. She asked if H would go in the Nautilus after the Shuttle - I said I would wait to see when the Shuttle was outgrown and she had plenty of time before that happened. :)

Hopefully she follows through and uses both correctly. They were in a bad wreck when B was little, and she had panic attacks about driving for a long time. I hope that'll help her keep them safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC