How long did your FFer last in a TF/TFP?

ADS

christineka

I can tell you my ds was too tall at age 7 and 55 pounds. My 6.75 year old dd weighs 39 pounds and has an inch of torso height left to grow.

cmm7

Z fit in it over the summer at 7.5 yrs and 58 lbs. However, she was not only RIGHT AT the top position but literally had no slack in the harness when loosened all the way. That meant I had to do all the buckling and unbuckling for her. I didn't try taking the strap covers off, but wonder if that would have given us a tiny bit of room?

C also still fits in it. He is just under the top position, but is 60ish lbs and has the same issue with not enough strap length.

Mags462

DS1 is roughly 4ft tall (pretty evenly torso vs leg) and weighs 40lbs. He is almost 6 and still fits with some room to grow. :D

DS2 is 3.5, 32ish lbs, and i am not sure how tall he is (he wears a 4T pant/shirt but they are slightly big on him length wise) but he is on the 3rd slots w/ about half an inch to grow before i need to adjust the harness to the top slot. :D

Maggie

DD was 3y 10m and about 38lbs. She still had tons of harness left but the crotch strap was so short that we had to switch to a FR85.

NannyMom

Sofi is 5yrs, 35 pounds, 42 inches. She has an average torso and short legs. She still has at least 1 inch to grow. Her best bud Alex is about to turn 5, 45 pounds, 44 inches, and about the same torso. He has at least an inch to grow too. LK is 6yrs, 10mo, 45 pounds, probably around 45-46 inches. She has a slightly longer torso than Sofi, and she had room to grow 9I was surprised!).

rachelandtyke

DD is 6y4m, about 38 lbs, and about 43-44 inches tall. She still has at least an inch if not more of growing room in it.

luckyclov

Thanks, everyone.

I just wanted to get a basic round up before I recommend this seat to a friend for her 3 1/2 yr old.

NewEngland

I've got the outlier: top slot FF and 3rd slot RF (just barely for both). Plenty of room above his head, though. 2.75 yrs, 36.5", 31lbs. Figuring about 18 months left, so outgrown before 5.

Keeanh

#4 outgrew it at 6y+4mo, about 50", 50lbs.
#5 outgrew it at 4y+10mo, about 44", 42lbs.

#5 obviously has a long torso, LOL.

IMG_6057.JPG

The shell really is too big. She was right at the top slots FF, and nearly 10lbs over the RF limit. Yet look at all that shell over her head.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC