Does he 5-step?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
He's begging me to get out of his booster. I re-arranged the car today and moved him. He does fit better in the captain's chair than in the 3rd row. What do you think?

Picture3409.jpg

His knees bend over the edge (barely) and he's flat-footed (barely). I just need other opinions. He's fine in his Harmony Literider or in the new Oobr. He just looks so big in the Oobr, like he's too big almost. He can just about reach flat-footed while in the Oobr.

Picture3408.jpg

Here he is in the Literider (much better than the Oobr).
Picture3418.jpg

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The lap belt looks a bit high, but that might be an illusion because of the long shirt. It also looks like he's REALLY trying to get his knees to bend at the edge.

It looks like he's sliding out of the booster. I had the same issue with my son in it and wound up getting rid of it :( Maybe try putting the seatback more upright?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
The seatback is only 1 click away from upright, I'll try that though. Plus, the headrest is on backwards (in order to fit the oobr) so I'll fix that and try him again. I think the lap is just a tad too high too. He's only got about an inch or so until he reaches 4'9" He's close ;)

hrice

I'd tell him you will reevaluate when he's 4'9".

I like the fit MUCH better in the booster. Since you said his beet barely touch the floor it would take one scooch or slouch and the lap fit will go from ok to no good at all.

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I want to keep him in the booster (Literider, the Oobr fit looks horribly uncomfortable). He begged me to try and take pics to ask you guys so I did. :D He has to stay a bit longer :p

gsdguenter

How does he feel in the Oobr? He does look like he's sliding out of it. What if you clicked the seat up more upright?

hrice

I agree to use the Literider.

If you want more leg support the Harmony Olympian is huge and has tons if support. Here is my almost 10yo in it.

christineka

If you want more leg support the Harmony Olympian is huge and has tons if support. Here is my almost 10yo in it.

I've been eyeing the olympian and the clek olli for dd1 when she outgrows the parkway. She looks too squashed in the literider.

hrice

christineka said:
I've been eyeing the olympian and the clek olli for dd1 when she outgrows the parkway. She looks too squashed in the literider.

The Olympian is awesome. It does sit kids up higher than the Literider so depending in how high your vehicle headrest goes it may or may not work for everyone. The headrests in my Yukon don't go very high so Dustin is really close to being too tall to use it in there. The Olli has very little leg support.

StillThankful

Too funny--you and Lorismurph have the same EFTA 65 Oh Rfing in the same position:p Of course, I'm a geek and would notice that;)

Reactions: Kac

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I noticed it too. I love that seat! If the stupid knobs didn't make such big dents in my seats and could actually be used without reclining the seatback, I'd love it even more.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Well I'll be the lone supporter on your son's side. I think the belt fit looks acceptable without the booster.

The Oobr looks terrible.

And the Literider looks uncomfortable and not supportive under his legs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

scatterbunny

At only 4'8" with that lap belt fit, I'd say stick with a backless for awhile longer. If he were over 4'9" and was having trouble fitting in even a backless, I'd call it "acceptable" and let him retire the booster, but he still fits in a backless and for me, that lap belt fit isn't great (acceptable if there's no other option, but not great). It's hard to tell for sure, though, because of the baggy clothes and long shirt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC