Tried a Combi Shuttle 33? Long-lasting? Decent?

bnsnyde

What do you think of the Combi Shuttle 33?
I am interested in the 35 version (coming very soon).

How long did the Shuttle 33 fit your child?

I am interested in learning a new seat, have a 6-month-old who is off the charts for height, and feel this might be the time to try it. And then use if for any future children as my one infant seat would expire before I want it to.

So... give me details of the 33 version.
Compare to the Chaperone. Does either have more EPS foam? Is the chest clip easy to slide?

The bar that gets in the way of feet MIGHT be a lifesaver so I can actually carry the seat more easily (have a compromised shoulder). Yes, it's that important to me. I have to carry this thing down stairs twice a week, and it'll be cold so I don't want to use a convertible yet.

ADS

T4K

I have it sitting right here...any specific pics you want? I have a smallish 10 month old to model.

02079022.jpg

EPS foam on the headrest, nowhere else

The rebound bar is nice but there's a nice warning label telling you not to use it.

The chest clip doesn't slide easily at all but it pretty much stays in the same spot so I don't care.

Harness adjuster is not as smooth as my RA50 or MR65 but is smooth enough.

The crotch buckle is pretty short, so if you have huge hands or use cloth diapers, you may not like it. It doesn't bother me.

bnsnyde

Mine is 29 inches and 18.5 lbs.

You are too quick! Don't feel the need to go to any trouble...but thanks!

What does it mean don't "use" rebound bar?

Wondering where his feet go when he's in it? Is bar a problem?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Thirsty4Knowledge said:
The rebound bar is nice but there's a nice warning label telling you not to use it.

Do you mean the label saying not to carry it with the rebound bar? At Lifesavers Vera said it's perfectly fine to put a hand there to supplement carrying it by the handle. They had to put the warning on there to make sure no one carried it JUST by the rebound bar. Because you just never know. :rolleyes:

bnsnyde

OK, b/c I'm sort of getting it for the bar. Meaning to carry it there. Not JUST there, lol.

And does the Chaperone have more EPS foam?
Just curious.

T4K

62960c50.jpg

Here's a pic showing how much room she has with the headrest all the way up. She's pretty short with an average to short torso.

e9598275.jpg

Here she is in the seat. I just recently moved the headrest to give her more shoulder room.

290369fe.jpg

The warning sticker, lol.

T4K

LISmama810 said:
Do you mean the label saying not to carry it with the rebound bar? At Lifesavers Vera said it's perfectly fine to put a hand there to supplement carrying it by the handle. They had to put the warning on there to make sure no one carried it JUST by the rebound bar. Because you just never know. :rolleyes:

That makes sense. I do use it.

It actually makes the seat work like a dream when traveling. Fits awesome over a rolling carryon handle.

Dillipop

We have dd in one in dh's car. It doesn't get used much, but it's the perfect seat for the middle of his tiny elantra. I fully expect dd to make it to age 2 in it. She's on the larger side at a year.

Now that I've taken the infant padding out, buckling her is pretty easy. As she gets taller, tightening the harness is getting easier as well. If I have any problems, though, I just reach behind and pull down on the straps from behind while pulling the adjuster strap.

We really like the seat. I will likely use it from birth if we have another child.

bnsnyde

I just called Combi and asked if a 34" inch child could use it if he still had an inch of shell left. (So above the 33 height max). They said yes. (Dorel had said that 32 is the absolute max for their air infant seat no matter what and that's all it was tested to). So I like the one inch rule and Combi will work for us, I think.

When I asked if a shower-cap fleece thing would fit on the Shuttle, Combi said they cannot recommend its use as it's an after-market product and not a Combi product.

These are just what the companies told me. Not saying we don't use shower-cap covers.

Anyway, I was able to order an indigo seat cover for just $25 from Combi that I can simply put on the Shuttle 35. I like blue.

caritas

I have the Cozy Carrier Cover from Target on mine. It's about an inch too short at the feet (due to the rebound bar), but it pretty much covers really well.

I have a 14 month old (about 31 or 32 inches tall, and about 25 pounds)

as well as a 2 week newbie at 7.5lbs and 21 inches if you want pictures for either of them. I only currently have pics from when he was 4.5 months and about 15ish pounds in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC