Question Mobigo or vtech explorer?

baybedawl03

I'm looking to buy one or the other for my kiddo for Christmas. Which would be better for a 2.5 yo (almost) boy? Where's the best place to buy them? I'm looking to buy a "bundle" but it seems they all come with games I don't want. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
I don't have any experience with the other. But we love our Mobigo. Gage is 4, so I'm not sure about a 2.5 year old but he was able to figure it out on his own pretty quickly. He only has 1 cartridge game (chuggington) but you download the learning center for free and then you can download and transfer games from your computer. It comes with enough "currency" to buy 3 games or so.

Sent from my Desire HD using Car-Seat.Org

mommydev

My son has a mobigo and loves it. We got it for his 3rd birthday. He can play most of the games without much help. We haven't had anything else, so I can't compare to the vtech one. Let me know if you want any more details!

baybedawl03

Thanks for the replies... I have no concern whether he would be able to use it or not... He has an iPhone and has no problems using it haha.... Anyone out there have a leapster explorer or (leapster2 which is the older version)?

StillThankful

One more vote for mobigo--I got one for DD1 (5) from Target at their massive clearance sale in July! I waited and gave it to her for her 5th bday in September--she loves it and my 2y8m old likes it too--although she does need help playing the games--she just touches everything on the screen! LOL

Mysweethoneybee

We have the leapster 2 and the leapster explorer and the leapster 2 is pretty good, but there are limited games and you can't download anything from the computer. The leapster explorer (last years model white and green with stylus) is frustrating for my just turned 4 year old. Most of the games want him to be able to do addition and subtraction. Even the "easier" stuff on the games he has quickly becomes pick the smallest or largest number and gives numbers 1-99 instead of just one through 10 to start. The alphabet games seem to be complete the word type things. Even the drawing games he gets more complicated shapes like octagons. He has much more fun with the dsi and the sesame street games. He got both leapster models for his 3rd birthday. When the games say they are for ages 5-8 they mean they have to have letter and number recognition at kindergarten level at least. Or at least that has been my experience. I don't know about the new leapster tablet.

baybedawl03

I totally want the tablet (leap pad) or the vtech inno tab.... But I gotta wait until he gets a little older.... I guess I decided to wait on the handheld game bc he has an iPhone... It serves the purpose plenty well.... Thanks for all the replies!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC