Need to find a smaller baby for my Safeseat...

vonfirmath

:D

Well... He fits by weight, easily. But I think his head is already too high.

Bear1_BearInSafeseat.jpg
Bear2_StrapsOnCarseat.jpg
Bear3_TightnessOnStraps.jpg

It was good practice though. I had to change the harness to make it fit. I need to find a smaller baby doll to practice with though I think.

---
DS (We think) #1 due August 5, 2007
Me (33) DH (29)

ADS

kidzndogz

Cute! I need a bigger baby for my Safeseat. The 9 week old I watch doesn't fit. The harness is too loose, even at the smallest setting. Grr.

Dillipop

That's odd that your 9 week old wouldn't fit. My newborn fit really well at just over 8 pounds and I know jennifer's little girl was much smaller and fit well, too.

kidzndogz

That's odd that your 9 week old wouldn't fit. My newborn fit really well at just over 8 pounds and I know jennifer's little girl was much smaller and fit well, too.

Yeah I don't know...I've googled reviews and found no one with the same problem. I have both the shoulder straps and the waist strap at the smaller setting. Still WAY too loose. I could fit my entire arm between her and the strap. She's not unusually small either.

Cindy&Connor

Cute! I need a bigger baby for my Safeseat. The 9 week old I watch doesn't fit. The harness is too loose, even at the smallest setting. Grr.
That is strange. My niece got down to 5lbs and we could still get the straps really tight. When she wasn't in the seat and the straps were tightened they were almost flat against the carseat.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Your pics are cute!!!!

I have a doll (which we use in theatrical productions) that is about the same size as an average 3-month-old. It is a great "carseat practice" doll! :)

Ahzryn

I agree, that doesn't sounds right. When I played with one at a check you could pretty much tighten the straps flat against the seat it went down so small, prefect for smaller babies. There is just no way a 9 pound baby shouldn't fit. When you take pics for Graco, can you post them for us too?

Loves2sing

You know, you really should mention that your baby is green, to your pediatrician :(

:ROTFLMAO:

At first glance, I thought the picture was showing the colours of your new seat. I could understand in the spilt second why Graco would offer a velvet Christmas pattern for their seats! LOL! BTW, after looking closer, I love the pattern on your seat!

kidzndogz

I agree, that doesn't sounds right. When I played with one at a check you could pretty much tighten the straps flat against the seat it went down so small, prefect for smaller babies. There is just no way a 9 pound baby shouldn't fit. When you take pics for Graco, can you post them for us too?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I've never really looked it too hard, as the first time I tried to use it, baby was screaming in the garage and it was hot and...yeah. So I just put it back in the box and used the snugride. I just got it back out and realized I was threading the harness OVER the harness plate instead of under. It came like that so I never thought to change it. The manual never said anything about it. So I feel stupid now that it was something so simple...although I guess I would be more stupid of I had used it anyway even though I knew something was off.

The 18 month old likes it anyway! He's watching Dragon Tales in it right now, so now his 30 minutes of TV time is even more exciting. Too bad....he fits the weight limit but is right at the height limit.
thecaustictruth

vonfirmath

Nevermind, I figured it out. I've never really looked it too hard, as the first time I tried to use it, baby was screaming in the garage and it was hot and...yeah. So I just put it back in the box and used the snugride. I just got it back out and realized I was threading the harness OVER the harness plate instead of under. It came like that so I never thought to change it. The manual never said anything about it.

My manual does. On p.14 it says the name of that thing is the "Owner's manual pocket"

On p.21, item D. "From behind seat, push both shoulder straps UNDER owner's manual pocket and out the bottom (4)"

kidzndogz

My manual does. On p.14 it says the name of that thing is the "Owner's manual pocket"

On p.21, item D. "From behind seat, push both shoulder straps UNDER owner's manual pocket and out the bottom (4)"

Ah well there was my problem. My manual came in a plastic bag and was loose inside the box when I purchased the seat. It wasn't in any "pocket" so I didn't make the connection. I did when I flipped the seat over to check the way my harness was threaded and there was a big sticker on the bottom saying something about "Warning: be sure the harness straps are threaded UNDER the harness plate". Didn't say anything about a pocket...but the word harness plate made sense to me so I fixed it. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC