Dollhouses - is this a good one/good price?

Mommy0608

I found [ame="http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-65255-Kidkraft-Suite-Dollhouse/dp/B003TO4YXS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]this one[/ame] on Amazon. Is it a decent price? I think we've decided to get DD a dollhouse for Christmas, but don't want to spend more than about $100.

I looked at several similar models on various websites. I don't care for the ones that don't have a logical way to get to all floors (either stairs or elevator). Silly, I know. But it would drive me crazy. :eek: DD is all about pink. Everything has to be pink. She has about 10 of the Disney Princess dolls (Barbie-sized), plus Pollys, LPS and other various dolls and animals. I think she could play with them all in this type of house, right?

Any other suggestions in this price range? Do they go much lower around Black Friday or closer to Christmas? Do they sell out? I really like this one, and would be bummed if it sold out, but I'd also be upset if it goes much cheaper after I paid $109 for it.

Thanks! This whole dollhouse thing is very new to me... I never had one as a kid. DD hasn't really asked for one, but she's never seen a big dollhouse. She is delayed in her ability to create scenarios and participate in imaginitive play (I forgot what the OT called it). With her princesses (and any animals/dolls, really), the only thing she does is change their clothes and have a birthday party. When she first got them, she didn't know what to do with them at all. I suggested a birthday party, and that's all she has ever done with them ever since she got them last Christmas. I'm hoping a dollhouse will help open up other possibilities.

ADS

Polola0628

I have always liked this one:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ryans-Room-Home-Where-Heart/dp/B00008XL3S/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1318908099&sr=8-10"]Amazon.com: Ryan's Room Home Is Where the Heart Is: Toys & Games[/ame]

there are stairs, and it is an open setup so multiple children can play at once from more than one angle.

You could always furnish it with pink furniture ;)

This one is made of hardwood, not MDF. It will stand the test of time, and it won't fall apart easily.

Mommy0608

Thanks! I saw that one too. I like the simplicity of it and ability to decorate it as we choose, but knowing DD, it would be boring. She loves bright colors and such. It also needs to be big enough to work with the barbie-sized dolls.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
this one is curently on sale its huge :)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...alog:7:600669:ToysRUs-110930BT:CME:EM101811EE

Dollhouses do go on sale close to Xmas. Black friday usually has some,. and the best thing really is to watch for online deals, or coupons...target usually puts their nice one, and since i think you live where there are Meijers, they usually have a couple good deals as well. It wont be hard to find a ncie one for a good price.

Evolily

do you have a Costco membership? they have one :) It was pretty cool- windows that open and shut, etc.

Oh, and kidkraft makes the imaginarium brand ones, too.

Morganthe

I found this one on Amazon. Is it a decent price? I think we've decided to get DD a dollhouse for Christmas, but don't want to spend more than about $100.

.....Any other suggestions in this price range? Do they go much lower around Black Friday or closer to Christmas? Do they sell out? I really like this one, and would be bummed if it sold out, but I'd also be upset if it goes much cheaper after I paid $109 for it.

The Kidcraft dollhouses really have some huge fluctuations in prices throughout the year. I think you're doing good if you can buy one that you like the most w. delivery total for below $120. :thumbsup:

I paid $100-110 for dd's Savannah Kidkraft dollhouse 3 years ago and I haven't found it cheaper by more than maybe a few dollars since. Now I have seen it priced upwards of $225 :eek:
That same Autumn, my MiL was prepared with her sister & mom to pool money together to get the same one 'on sale' through a children's specialty toystore for around $165. I ordered mine through Target with free shipping.

No matter what, get the one in the style/color scheme you like the most. It will be around for a few years and I don't recommend paint or trying to redo the prints. ;)
Oh, and if they say 45 minutes to assemble alone, good luck with that goal :2thumbsup: :rolleyes: Mine took 3 hours + I had to reglue some loose wood parts.

good luck :)

ctbcleveland

I wanted to suggest two things. Become familiar with Slick Deals. You can search for dollhouses to see which ones go on sale for the holidays and who sells them for cheap. You can set up an alert through slick deals, so that whenever someone posts a thread about dollhouses, it will send you an email. I've used this often in the past - it is very helpful.

Baby Cheapskate is also good for this type of thing. She will post good deals and will often note what the cheapest price the item sold for in the last 12 months.

Mommy0608

Thanks! I appreciate the ideas. I've never done Slick Deals or Baby Cheapskate, I'll look into them. If I don't find anything else that really catches my eye I think I'm going to go with the one I posted. It really has everything we want, and is the right size.

AtTheSouthDam

I have that one! It has held up wonderfully, we bought it from costco two years ago. The girls love it. The only downside was assembly. Even the furniture had to be put together. I think we paid $85 for it then, so $92 with tax. I would consider that a reasonable price with shipping but may wait until we get a closer to Thanksgiving to see if it drops any. DO NOT wait until December. They sell out quickly!

Mommy0608

It says it fits most standard 11.5" dolls which I think is about the size of her barbie-sized princesses. I should measure them to be sure. Some of the reviews said some barbies are too long for the bed by about half an inch but I doubt DD would care. Plus some of her dolls are shorter than others, and definitely shorter than barbies.

I think I might just do it. I'd rather not take a chance on waiting, and then not be able to get the one we want and have no back-up plan. This kid hasn't asked for anything. Whenever I ask, she doesn't have any ideas. DS, on the other hand, wants one of everything. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC