RF safer....because?

Carter's Mommy

Does anyone have a link to the video that compares a crash between RF and FF? Any other links to helpful info on why to keep your child RF beyond a year? My mom makes comments about my sons legs getting squished, etc. b/c I haven't turned him around yet...and I don't plan too for a very long time. He's 16 months, 31 inches and 23 pounds. I'd love to have some useful info to pass on...I'm sure others will start to question me soon too and I'd love to be able to quickly return safety facts!

Can I just add that it's very irritating that the perception seems to be children need to be FF at a year? I just went to the pediatrician and filled out a survey that asked if DS is always in a car seat facing forward in the back seat. I marked no...RF is safer! And the owner's manual for my car says, "A child who is at least one year old and fits within the child seat maker's weight and height limits, should be restrained in a FF, upright child seat." I know it says "at least one," but still it seems to imply FF and has no mention of RF for children over one.

ADS

Ali

That's an amazing set of links!

OP - I agree - I hate how everything says 1 year and 20 lbs. At least some magazines and places are starting to say to the limits of the seat.

Carter's Mommy

Thank you, thank you thank you! That's an amazing list of links! I haven't had time to look at them all yet, but I did forward the link to the video and one of the articles on to my mom. I'll be sending out the RF video to everyone I know. I had seen the video on using a 5-point harness before, but the RF video clip is new for me. Thanks again! I look forward to educating others!!!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC