Which Beco?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
(Sorry, I've got a bit of thread diarrhea today, lol. ;))

Since my sisters can't find the Ergo I gave them, I think I'm gonna get myself a Beco. I'm pretty sure I don't want the Gemini, but what of the others? There are Butterflies and 4th Gen and stuff. :confused: What's with the 1-3 Gen? What should I look for?

TIA :)

ADS

Pixels

The Butterflies have an internal harness for the baby. You can put the baby in the Beco on the bed or whatever, then put the whole thing on like a backpack, as a unit. I believe it also boosts little babies (newborns) up a bit higher. Or, you can ignore the harness, and use it like your Ergo. A part of me wishes we had a Butterfly for DH, who is not at all proficient at solo back carries. He has actually dropped DS. Thankfully another father was standing right behind them, saw what was happening, and caught DS.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The Butterflies have an internal harness for the baby.

Someone listed a 4th-Gen that said it had the internal harness (wouldn't be the first time a seller was wrong about their item... ;)) Is it only supposed to be the Butterflies that have that feature?

mama2girls

Someone listed a 4th-Gen that said it had the internal harness (wouldn't be the first time a seller was wrong about their item... ;)) Is it only supposed to be the Butterflies that have that feature?

4th generation don't have the internal harness. I do know for sure because I have one. :)

Pixels

I don't know enough to say for sure, but I though the 4th Gen were coveted by those who despised the harness because, well, no harness.

Ask on thebabywearer.com ?

InternationalMama

That sounds like it may be an original butterfly? There is the Butterfly I which had the infant insert that wasn't removable and then the Butterfly II where you can take out the infant insert once baby is bigger.

The Beco Gemini is actually supposed to be quite similar to the 4th Generation Beco so if it doesn't appeal to you maybe you wouldn't like the 4th Gen either. But I've never had either of those, just the Buttefly, so I can't comment too much.

mommydev

I have a butterfly 2. It has a removable insert and hood. There is always a piece of fabric between you and your baby. When I used it the first couple times with the insert, I put DD on the bed first and buckled her there. Now I'm comfortable with putting her in after I've put on the carrier. She's 3 months and we're still using the insert. At the beginning I had trouble figuring out where her feet should go, but we got it eventually :)

I also used it for back carry when DS was 2 without any trouble.

I like it, but can really only compare it to the bjorn and moby wrap (which I like for when they're really little).

jsta1005

What about the Gemini do you not like? I was sure I wasn't going to like them either but rented one from Paxbaby.com and LOVE it! In fact, that's the carrier I just bought!

Rosey

I adore the gemini and have a butterfly and ergo. It is my all time fave. And I do wear him facing out when we shop cause he likes to push the cart as we go around. But I wear him on my back in it too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC