Honda Accord

veggiegirl228

So we are looking @ 2002-2005 yr for the Accord. (really like the 03 generation) so if anyone has any feedback regarding the car please tell me about it :)

ADS

Mags462

If at all possible - narrow it down to no earlier than 03'.... mainly because the 4 cyl engines were switched to run on timing chains rather than timing belts. Saves you money in maintenance. :) 6 cyl Accords still run on timing belts.

veggiegirl228

What about a 2000 model?

I love the look of the 03 models but finding one is proving to be a fun adventure (high miles, salvage or really overpriced)

Mags462

What about a 2000 model?

I love the look of the 03 models but finding one is proving to be a fun adventure (high miles, salvage or really overpriced)

Nothing wrong with a 2000 accord at all! Accords in general are great cars - i just mentioned the timing chain thing in case you had lots of options. The 2000 model year is a great car, you just need to remember to have the timing belt/water pump changed around the 90K mark. So if you are looking at a used one with 80K miles, make sure that the maitenance has been done already or that they knock the price down because it costs between 650-1K (depends on where you live) to change those parts. :D

veggiegirl228

The one thing I've learned from mechanic is that the V6 tend to have tranny issues b/c it's not quite enough for the size of the motor. And maintenance is more of course. We really don't need a 6 cyl. I could care less about leather seats or sunroof (the extra bells and whistles over LX). I'll def make a note of the timing belt if the mileage is close and they didn't have it done.

It is good to know about the change in the years (re: belt vs chain). I didn't realize they changed it. So thank you for that info!!

ETA: Anyone with the 2 dr coupe? I'm seeing some nice ones FS but is it something practical with kid(s)? Would you turn it down or not want to check it out b/c of that? (doesn't look like DD could ride in the middle, which I prefer)

veggiegirl228

So if things work out we'll be looking @ a 02' Ex (4 cyl cloth seats automatic) with 115,000 miles this weekend. The asking is about $400 over KBB. What do you find fair to offer (curious really) Of course it will depend on actual condition of the car. It's a first owner. I'm getting pictures when they get home from work (only a couple on the ad)

mommy2env

My dh has a '03, but I haven't noticed the doors locking.

If you press and hold the unlock button on the key remote, the windows will open. Comes in handy on hot days. :)

veggiegirl228

Sorry another question, I wanted to play a CD. It loads and there is no error msg but when I push the button for CD it does nothing. Am I missing something?

This is the radio I have if it helps.

celtic1885

My dh has a '03, but I haven't noticed the doors locking.

If you press and hold the unlock button on the key remote, the windows will open. Comes in handy on hot days. :)

OP - sorry to jump on your thread ;)

mommy2env - is this all accords? do you have to enable or set the function? I have an '11 Accord Lx. TIA

veggiegirl228

It if helps it's all good :)

I tried this (the window) and it didn't work so I'm guessing it needs to be programmed. I spoke with the mechanic today and he thinks that the locks are a programmed thing and the previous owner didn't have it done.

veggiegirl228

I tried the window thing with the remote and no luck. I'm going to google it and see what the trick is. There is tricks for programming the "auto locks" but it didn't work for us. So I called the local Honda dealer and they said the LX models don't have that feature only the EX. So our 96 was standard to have it I guess. Stupid to think they went backwards. If anyone has figured out if it does please let me know, I miss that feature.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC