5-year-olds, no boosters

bnsnyde

What is best for two 5-year-olds girls? 60 lbs.

Cost is an issue. The family uses nothing and can't afford boosters.

I'm not one to booster so young, but given the situation and weight...I'm willing to go buy them some backless boosters. Need to have a high weight limit.

They have no car in the day but get a ride from a kind woman, so the boosters would stay in her car. But their main vehicle (normally with husband) too is an issue b/c it has 8-year-old seats that likely don't fit.

So either 2 or 4 backless boosters. I honestly don't come across non-use due to cost at our school, but this situation made me pause, and I think I want to help. Otherwise I watch them drive away with no seats each day.
Forgot to say the mom walks to the school so she can't really carry 2 boosters easily; that's why they'll stay in the other woman's car. Then when they drive home, the boosters will be there.

For the main car, they are harnessed. So basically I'd be advocating putting them in backless boosters from a harnessed seat. Feels wrong BUT the seats are 8 years old from a garage sale, and she does not know what kind. I find it hard to believe they are appropriate weight-wise, even. And expired. Is this what you would do? I think it's either backless (due to cost) or the current seats.

ADS

bnsnyde

And for the main vehicle...going from harnessed to backless.

To me that seems better than the alternative...see note above.

I'm envisioning pink. :) They love pink!

bnsnyde

I'll get 2 for now for the carpool car, which will be work great.

Need to check what kind of car the mom has. It could be lap belts for all I know, or no headrests. I should find out first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC