Question Maestro vs. Nautilus vs. Securekid 300

Brianna

Looking at options for a little girl that turns 3 in January, she's about the size of an average 4 year old girl and a little under 40 pounds. She's outgrowing her 3 in 1 by height, her shoulders are about even with the top slots. Not sure if it's the 40 or 50 pound version, there are no stickers and no manual.

What would the pros and cons be for the 3 seats I'm looking at?

Ease of use and installation is important because mom isn't one to fight on a difficult install to get it right. I won't be able to get more stats from mom either, sorry :(

TIA!

ADS

Pixels

Can you check the DOM of the seat? The 50 pound version is pretty new, so if it's an older seat then it's already outgrown. If that's the case, then you cannot wait for the Securekid.

I'm not a fan of the Maestro for ease of use of the booster portion. You have to take the time and make the effort to tuck the belts into/under the belt guides.

LittlePeanut

Looking at options for a little girl that turns 3 in January, she's about the size of an average 4 year old girl and a little under 40 pounds. She's outgrowing her 3 in 1 by height, her shoulders are about even with the top slots. Not sure if it's the 40 or 50 pound version, there are no stickers and no manual.

Please check the back of the 3 in 1 to see if the top slot says something like, "Only for use in booster mode." If that's the case, she needs a new seat, like yesterday. If she's that tall at 3, I would look at the GN or if it's in the budget, a Frontier.

Brianna

I looked the seat over as best I could in the short time I had it and I don't recall seeing that one the back. GN is in my budget but Frontier isn't.

Is the Nautilus easy to use in booster mode and easy to install in harnessed mode?

LittlePeanut

I looked the seat over as best I could in the short time I had it and I don't recall seeing that one the back. GN is in my budget but Frontier isn't.

Is the Nautilus easy to use in booster mode and easy to install in harnessed mode?

It can be difficult to spot, even when you know what to look for. You can see what to look for here:

Usable Harness Positions with 3 in 1 Car Seats

2322310169_e4a8bfef17_o.jpg

Brianna

When I was looking the seat over I knew to look for that and I don't remember seeing it... I'll e-mail the girl's mom that link and see if she will double check it for me

Brianna

Mom e-mailed back and said her daughter is at her dad's for the week and she'll let me know when her LO comes home.

I think I will go Nautilus if it's more likely to be used properly in booster mode

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC