2 RF plus Booster in '12 Civic!

hrice

Success! (and checked by a Tech)

All SB installs. RF Radian driver side/Literider/RF Marathon 70 passenger side. And best of all...my 9 year old can buckle pretty easily! He climbs through the front to get in.

ADS

kate4478

Wow! I would have never thought you could get 3 across in a civic! It all meshes so well!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

T4K

Keep that boy close as he gets older, ok? You may have problems as he becomes a teenager. Lol.

Oh and the three across looks good!

RYLANSMOM

I just bought a 2012 civic (love it!!) I have one son and my fiance has one and obviously if we have another I was concerend about 3 across. However I thought the 12 civic looked easier for 3 across than the older versions, they look more roomy than previous models. IDK maybe thats me. Atleast there is proof that it can be done...maybe not with the seats I have now, but we arn't planning another baby now anyway. We would have his son only part time, we have a 2002 ford escape so whatever works for a civic I would hope would work for the escape, but there is only lab belt only in the middle in the escape. :(

hrice

Thirsty4Knowledge said:
Keep that boy close as he gets older, ok? You may have problems as he becomes a teenager. Lol.

Oh and the three across looks good!

The girls are already after him! Thankfully he could care less about them right now. He is too busy with video games lol.

hrice

I have also gotten a 3 across with RF MA70/RF RN/RF CCO. :) I am certain it would work with a FF RN center too.

bnsnyde

Am I missing it or does my 05 Civic have no headrest in the middle? LOL
Not that we use the middle, but, huh????

Seriously?

I see you have 3 headrests.

hrice

bnsnyde said:

Seriously?

Many new cars now have headrests for all seating positions.

bnsnyde

What were they thinking in 2005? We'd choose which kid to put there?

By the time they are out of boosters with backs we won't have the car, but still...crazy.

christineka

Seriously?

I have an '06 with three headrests. I am certain that '12 is roomier than my '06. Maybe I haven't tried two rfing radians, though. I'll have to try it sometime.

hrice

christineka said:
I have an '06 with three headrests. I am certain that '12 is roomier than my '06. Maybe I haven't tried two rfing radians, though. I'll have to try it sometime.

2RF RNs doesn't work With room for a booster unless it was a Bubble Bum. The MA70 puzzles perfectly though! I guess since it sits up on a base it leaves just enough room to squeeze in a booster.

hrice

bnsnyde said:
What were they thinking in 2005? We'd choose which kid to put there?

By the time they are out of boosters with backs we won't have the car, but still...crazy.

No. They fully expect someone to ride there. Same as with lap only belts. Thankfully times are changing as far as safety features in vehicles.

christineka

2RF RNs doesn't work With room for a booster unless it was a Bubble Bum. The MA70 puzzles perfectly though! I guess since it sits up on a base it leaves just enough room to squeeze in a booster.

Oh, duh. I saw the radian and assumed the other was too. I'll have to try with a rfing classic marathon (it sits up higher than the new one) and a radian. I have both out of the van right now.

hrice

christineka said:
Oh, duh. I saw the radian and assumed the other was too. I'll have to try with a rfing classic marathon (it sits up higher than the new one) and a radian. I have both out of the van right now.

Yeah it might work better with a classic Britax since the base is higher and shaped different.

RYLANSMOM

I know we would have one in booster and we do have the literider, we have mine in a GN right now but I know if there is another that seat is not really worlable..although I like it. I figured we would have to have atleast 1 RN which I have never owned or used for that matter. I wish other companies would make a few more "narrow" options...however I did see the Evenflo securekid and that looks a little more narrow. My son is 4 and just not weighs 30 lbs. So IF we do decide to have another he will most likely be 6 before that happens. So obviously I'm not buying anything new yet.

ETA: I also like how the civic backseat is a little more flat. I test drove a used 08 civic and it had the lump in the middle which would be difficult for 3 across.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow! I would have never thought you could get 3 across in a civic! It all meshes so well!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Check the three-across thread. There are dozens and dozens of examples of successful three-across configurations. ;)

KaiLing

Just to confirm: the driver's seat is *all* the way back? Like there's no way you could reach the pedals unless you're over 6' all the way back? And is the driver's seat reclined at all, or just one tick back? This is *awesome* news, btw, thanks so much for sharing. After monkeying around with a 05 Civic I'd pretty much figured no RF seat behind our tall driver ever there, but the 2010 Civics were actually tall-person friendly, and if they're also 2 RF seat friendly, I'm sold.

hrice

KaiLing said:
Just to confirm: the driver's seat is *all* the way back? Like there's no way you could reach the pedals unless you're over 6' all the way back? And is the driver's seat reclined at all, or just one tick back? This is *awesome* news, btw, thanks so much for sharing. After monkeying around with a 05 Civic I'd pretty much figured no RF seat behind our tall driver ever there, but the 2010 Civics were actually tall-person friendly, and if they're also 2 RF seat friendly, I'm sold.

Yep. All the way back. I'm over 6'. ;) It is reclined one click. I like my seat pretty upright.

KaiLing

Yep. All the way back. I'm over 6'. ;) It is reclined one click. I like my seat pretty upright.

This is just plain awesome. Thank you so much. Should you find yourself with a spare 6''9" person, do me a favor and try to get him in the driver's seat and report back. Also if you could make the Civic all wheel drive for me, I'd be grateful. And I'd like some ice cream. :)

Ashersmama

This is great! I thought for sure that we were a no-go on the Radian RXT for my 2009 Honda Civic! In fact, we just went and tried it today at Sears and it reclined so far back against the driver's seat! I didn't think it would work! Is it okay to touch the back of the driver's seat? I am only 5'4" and DH is 6'. We don't have the seat back all the way, ever, but it still touches quite a bit.

Also, does the angle adjuster make it work better? If we buy it, it's coming from snugglebugz and I don't think they do returns for sale items...

Thanks for posting this!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC