Good Deal?

gsdguenter

Well carp, I can't believe I'm actually thinking about this, but is this a good deal?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bab/2622420389.html

It's a Mountain Buggy Urban Double for $150 obo

Right now I have 2 Pliko P3s (well I bought 2, I kept one and gave one to my mom to use for when she watches our kids) and I really like them for the mall, city etc. but they stink on grass, gravel, dirt - basically where we live lol. I also have a Britax Preview. I'm really starting to want a double though.

So this is what I am wanting:

1. Both LOs to fit in it but also ride well if one of them wants to walk and the other wants to ride

2. MUST be good on dirt, gravel, grass, and uneven pavement

3. Can't break the bank, well cuz I probably shouldn't be buying it anyway :whistle: but I most likely will sell on of the P3s to help fund it.

4. I have been thinking about jogging with the girls, but we'll see :p

ADS

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Yes, definitely a good deal! And if I had the money I'd jump on it! ;)
So, if you get it and have buyer's remorse in a few weeks, PM me! :D

gsdguenter

Okay, now I'm going crazy waiting for her to respond to me email. Gah! I'm so impatient :p

ETA: This would be a good stroller to meet my needs, right?

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I think it would be great. The only thing I'm not sure about is how it would handle with jogging. I researched doubles a lot and MB was definitely a top on most lists. It handles well with uneven weight distribution and over all kinds of terrains. I'd love to have one, but can't justify another stroller purchase!

gsdguenter

Awesome!! So glad you got it! (And seriously, if for some crazy reason you decide not to keep it, please let me know ;))

Haha, will do! I broke the news to DH while we were at Emery Farm this afternoon and he just rolled his eyes :p I hope I like it and it does what I want, but if not, I'll keep you in mind :) I'll post pics tomorrow of the girls in it :D

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
That'd be my DH's reaction too. He long ago stopped trying to fight my baby gear addiction. As long as it doesn't interfere with his video game funds though he doesn't care :rolleyes:
I'm sure you'll love it! I've never heard a bad thing about MB.

gsdguenter

Seriously, do we have the same DH?! After he rolled his eyes I said, "Well how much money is in your game fund?" That stopped him dead in his tracks. I'm fairly certain he has $700+ in that blasted video game fund of his.

AnnaC

I see you already got it...

But yes that's a good deal! I just got a 08 model for $200. And I LOVE it.:love: I'm a really light jogger, but it's worked well for jogging sofar. It handles great- I can steer it one handed with both kids in it(if I'm on a flat surface). And it goes over everything but curbs. :p

gsdguenter

Well, I picked it up this morning and overall I really like it. Two problems though:

1. It was filthy, no tears or dents or anything, just really dirty. So, I downloaded the manual and saw you can clean the skins (never knew the name for these lol). I scrubbed and soaked them in the tub and now they are air drying. Problem solved.

2. The front wheels keep locking when they are supposed to stay in the swivel position. I can't figure out how to "lock" them into the swivel. Anyone know how?

It is the 2004 model. TIA!

AnnaC

On mine, there are little button thingys on the side of the post where the front wheels are attached. You pull them out and turn them a quarter turn to lock them into swivel. I'm not sure if it's different on different models.

I really need to wash my skins too- they're pretty bad. And mine are a little damaged- I need to figure out if I can repair them or not. Where did you find the manual?

mommydev

I also just got a 2008 with carrycot for $200. It was in great shape except is missing 3 of the snaps - 2 on the canopy which isn't a big deal that still works fine, but one is supposed to attach the recline strap to the middle bar. The strap is tied instead and definitely isn't going anywhere, but anyone have any ideas to potentially fix it?

gsdguenter

Okay, here are pictures. It cleaned up really well and was very easy to take apart/put together.

Plus, I figured out the swivel thing lol

They are watching Rugrats in it right now :p

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC