2006 Ford Freestar

actuallyamanda

Can anyone tell me anything bad about this van? I'm looking to trade my car for a minivan, and I just happen to come across this Freestar for a very cheap price. Its just a basic model with high mileage but it seems to be in great shape. It even has the carfax report and everything for it. Here's the listing for it:

http://www.rountreemoore.com/detail-2006-ford-freestar_wagon-se-used-7526949.html

I've never even heard of a Freestar before so I really dont know anything abt them. Please give me some info, especially if I need to steer clear of it. Also, if you have one and love it, please tell me why! :D

ETA: I also wanted to add that I dont mind the high mileage on this at all. I put ALOT of miles on my vehicles so I've always had a high mileage car and I've never had any issues due to it. We live so far out in the country that I drive a minimum of 80 to 100 miles per day, just to go back and forth to the school!

Last edited:
ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
The Windstar was replaced with the Freestar. That is all I can tell you about it though LOL

I know the Windstar had major issues with a recall that wasn't being fixed right causing the vans to catch fire and basically burn to the ground! I assume they fixed that when they renamed it! :eek:

Mags462

I know that the Freestar was only made from 2004-2006 (so the newest of these vans would be 2007's) and like the PP said replaced the Windstar. Ford stopped making a mini-van starting in the 2008 model years.

Honestly the whole Ford minivan idea is not one i would risk. It's just a company that is known for making cheaply made vans IMO. I would if possible get a Chrysler product, a Hyundai/Kia (if Kia than 2006 or later) or even a higher mileage Honda/Toyota.

Plus with 107,000 miles i don't think that van will last you very long. It might be cheap but consider cost of ownership. If it only gets you another 10K worth of trouble free miles before you start becoming the mechanics regular customer then in the long run it actually costs you MORE. I would never buy a domestic van with those kinds of miles on it and expect it to last me very long without problems starting. A toyota/honda with those miles i wouldn't blink at, but not a Ford. Just my two cents.....

valleyfam

Like others said the Windstar was redesigned some and named Freestar. I have an 01 Windstar with 190,000 miles on it that I really like. I have had all the recalls taken care of and have had no major mechanical issues so far.

livsmum

That it was a rental would scare me. They're notorious for being thrashed.

I'd keep looking honestly.

It "looks" nice but it goes deeper than that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC