Does anybody LOVE the Chaperone??

Spam

Or at least like it a lot? I'm trying really hard to stick with the keyfit, but I used one with Tucker and disliked it and I'm worried I won't like it again :eek: I've never really seen a chaperone or at least not paid attention to one. I just always thought they were overpriced and heavy. BUT, it does come in cow so it would match my other seats and I read in the review that it's narrowish so it might work in 3 across. It would be in the center so hopefully fit between the front seats. Anyways, thoughts on it???

The tario35 was too wide too fit in the center and I sparkly heart loved it, but it's gone now and I'm trying to find the *best* solution for this one. Are there any other seats I'm overlooking? I don't care for the onboard, mostly just a dorel thing and idk just don't care for the looks of it :eek: The prodigy looked alright, but I don't really want to try it out first and the via looks too wide and it's heavy, plus I don't like the fabric. I don't the like fabric on the b-safe either :eek: The canopy of the Aton turned me off. Am I missing something :confused:

ADS

jenfrogmom

I just installed 2 Radians and a Chaparone in the 3rd tow of an 08' Town and Country. I really really like the Chaparone. It is an amazing seat, and this is coming from a hard core Key Fit lover!

bnsnyde

I love our Chaperone. Probably with a capital LOVE.

I gave up on the harness pads though. Britax said they do not require them. My baby is not growing into them and it made it tricky to get a perfect baby install. The pads (2009) it came with are smallish, but Britax sent me (twice) huge ones when I lost one of them. So I guess that's all they carry now.

I think my baby must be broad-shouldered b/c sometimes I feel like I'm squishing him in a bit near the head protection. I don't mind at all. I love seeing his big old head surrounded by the extra protection. He is 97th for height but average weight or so at 5 months.

It's easy for me to carry (as easy as it can be with a heavy baby) and fits in the Snap and Go.

Spam

thank you, maybe it's not as hated as I thought. I'm hoping a baby store near us carries it and I can check it out next week and see if it fits before ordering. I noticed they're onsale on a few different sites.

knkdt

I sold my keyfit when dd2 was about 4 months, neither Ella nor myself ever really liked it much, and got a chaperone. It has been my favorite infant seat we have had. She always seemed so comfortable in it. She fit in it until two (then outgrew it by height and weight at the same time). I even decided to keep it for not yet conceived baby #4 :love:.

canmom

I like the Chaperone, the only reason I didn't buy one for my last baby is it is heavy... KF is lighter so I figured why not make things a little easier ;). The only issue I have had with it is the 80% of base on vehicle seat but it was rarely an issue.

Mags462

I think the "fixtures" :)p) on the seat are nice - nice fabric, nice canopy, easy install, etc...... it is a bit heavy, but that isn't a deal breaker for me. The main reason i didn't buy one back in the day when i was driving around a sedan was because of the large amount of front/back space it took up compared to other seats. It's not wide side to side, but it DOES take up some serious space front to back b/c of the ERB on the base.

But truth be told of the two Britax infant seats and having played with both and installed both i prefer the B-safe simply because it is lighter and installs more compactly. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC