Which booster in which car?

• ProBooster in GrandPrix and Compass B530 in Dodge

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ProBooster in Dodge Ram and Compass B530 in GrandPrix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a ProBooster for Patrick as a spare. I am getting a Compass B530 (Air Cargo :D) also as a spare (his main ride is a FR85, harnessed). The two vehicles in question are a '96 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton extra cab pick up and a '00 Pontiac GrandPrix. Both are outboard positions. These are VERY rarely used vehicles...maybe 1x a month at most and generally very short distances (2-3mi). I know, accidents happen closest to home. Anyways, I'm trying to decide which vehicle to have which booster in. I LOVE the slimmer design of the B530 compared to the ProBooster, which works nicely in the 3 across of the GrandPrix. I also like the fact that it folds and can be kept in the trunk when not in use, freeing up passenger room for DH. However, I love the SIP on the ProBooster. The B530 has almost none through the torso. I find the B530 to be more user friendly which is good for DH (the GrandPrix is his). Eventually (at least a year from now), I will put Kaylee FF in the center of the GrandPrix in a Radian XT and have both boys outboard in boosters. I would say the GrandPrix is used more frequently then the Dodge, but still very rare. By the time Kaylee goes FF, we may not even have the GrandPrix. But I'm getting ready to have to do the car seat shuffle with multiple grandchildren and I'm trying to come up with the best all around options. Patrick is VERY limited in what he can ride in harnessed...at 4.5, the only thing we have that he has growing room in is the FR85 (he has already outgrown the RN XT), so boosters are a very real option for him at this time. Ricky who is much smaller is still harnessed in all vehicles, but I do plan on starting booster training him around 5yrs, at least in the spare vehicles.

Honestly, I'd love to use the B530 in dh's car. But the lack of torso SIP has me a bit concerned. I think it would be safer in the Dodge since it's so much higher up...but at the same time, I like being able to lock the seat belt with the B530 unlike the ProBooster which prohibits it. HE doesn't need it locked for the short rides, it just makes ME feel better. LOL

If you had to use a booster for your 4.5-5yr old, which booster would you use in which car??

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC