Regent Cover Fading onto Clothing...

U

Unregistered

Hey- we just got our Onyx fabric patterned Britax Regent yesterday for my 3 year old. When we were installing it we noticed the cover did not fit as well as our Roundabout's did- the velcro tabs did not meet up and just did not seem to be the same quality.

Today, my son and husband went to a birthday party, and when they were on the way home my son apparrently got sweaty in his seat and the black from the carseat transferred all over my son's white tee shirt. I just went outside with a damp rag and sure enough, it turned black too!

Anyone else have this problem? I ordered it online from BabyCatalog months ago and was so excited it had arrived. Now I am a little preturbed to say the least. I also recommend you test the colorfastness of your seats in anyone else ordered them when they were so cheap and also got the black ones.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Absolutely call Britax and complain! They go to great lengths to make sure their covers don't do this (among many durability tests), and they'll probably be mortified it happened to you :(

JenBlake

I actually logged in this time- It was me that had the seat fade. I will be on the phone EARLY monday morning with Britax. We are leaving Memphis for Florida on Friday and I want a new cover before we leave the state!

Now I have to find another shirt like this one- it was the first time he had worn it. Ugh.

Amaris

We've had an onyx regent since Jan and haven't had any problems with it, and Michael is a major sweater! We've also had an onyx marathon since 03 and there haven't been any problems with it either. I would definately call and complain!

JenBlake

Well, I just got off the phone with Britax and am less than satisfied with their response to the fact I can not use the carseat that I waited 5 months to get. They are sending a new cover, which will take 7-10 business days to receive, despite the fact that I told her I was leaving for a 9 day trip across country and needed the seat BEFORE I left on Friday.

The said that the cover was not a safety issue and that they would not upgrade shipping, but offered to let me pay the $30 to do so on my own. This is even AFTER I explained that my son is nearing the top limits for his RA and I wanted the seat before our trip so he would be safer as we drove hundreds and hundreds of miles.

She also said that talking to a manager would do me no good since it was NOT a safety issue- it just ruins clothing. I should have pushed for replacement clothes too I guess. If it is not here by Thursday I am calling back to gripe to someone in charge.

So, I am really disappointed with the customer service- I expected a little more from their end.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC