How many more years rearfacing?

natysr

How many more years do you think we can go rearfacing? My son will be 3 years old on August 20. He just moved to the second slot from the bottom.

Also, I uninstalled his seat so I could vaccum the back of the car and reinstall the seat. How does it look? Hows does the recline look?

165786828-M.jpg

165785704-M.jpg

165786847-M.jpg

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
hes only 24 lbs? you got quite awhile to go id say...which is awesome for you! :thumbsup:

natysr

hes only 24 lbs? you got quite awhile to go id say...which is awesome for you! :thumbsup:

Yep. 24.2 pounds. I think he has long legs. My nephew is 5 months younger...the same height, but he is 34 pound, has short legs and a long torso.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Ditto -- based on height, I'm thinking at least another year ... perhaps 2? :)
& I must say I adore that cover :cool: (so does my animal print loving DD) :p

crunchierthanthou

Yeah, definitely quite awhile. That's one cute little guy you've got there. Those pictues make me practically giddy for the arrival of our MA (hopefully Monday). My ds is almost the exact same size at 30 mos. He's about 24 lbs and 35". :D

ETA: what kind of car is that?

all together ooky

Those pics make me smile. I had just gotten back from a friend's house upset because her 13 month old is FF in a MA and I couldn't convince her husband to turn her around. Your pics brought some happiness to my day.

I'm thinking he'll make it to 5. Cool!

Last edited:

oxeye

I'm going to guess at least two more years - you lucky momma!!! My DD1 is only 2" taller and needs the third slots from the bottom for RF. He will probably be one of the few kids who outgrows that seat RF by height before weight, though.

natysr

Yeah, definitely quite awhile. That's one cute little guy you've got there. Those pictues make me practically giddy for the arrival of our MA (hopefully Monday). My ds is almost the exact same size at 30 mos. He's about 24 lbs and 35". :D

ETA: what kind of car is that?

Thank you. That car is a 2006 Civic Hybrid. The seats were pushed forward in the pictures because I had just finished my install. I always push them forward when I hook up the tether, then push them back. There is still plenty of room though. Once I push the seats back, the Marathon still isn't touching the front seats.

Suzibeck

I bet he will make it until past age 5. My petite dd was 33 inches and 23 lbs at 24 months, I can't find what she was at age 3. She just got too big to rf in her MA at about 4 yr 9 mos.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
My son(now 5) was about the same size at that age. He just hit 33 pounds a couple of months ago and still has room above his head in his MA and WZ..

I'd say you've got a while.. :) YAY!!!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
WOW! I'd say you have at least another year or two. That's great!!!!

My niece will be three in October, but she is too big to RF in her Marathons. She is about 38-39" and weighs 34 pounds or maybe a bit more. She has been FF for quite a while now.

I have a RF Boulevard in my 2006 Civic. Here is my seat (which HAS been reclined more since this photo was taken :)):
DSC_1974_edited.jpg

This is proof to people who say you can't fit RF HWH seats in small cars (although the new Civics really aren't small! :))

natysr

This is proof to people who say you can't fit RF HWH seats in small cars (although the new Civics really aren't small! :))

That is so true..Although, I found the greatest difference in space between my 06 Civic and my 01 Civic is in the front seating area. The 06 really felt more like an accord than a civic. We had a Roundabout in my 01 civic, but I think a Marathon would have worked too.

Also, between the Civic Hybrid and the Prius...they try to say that the Civic is a "compact" car and the Prius is a "family" car. but if you look at the specs...the Civic has more room in it over the Prius in the front seating area, where the Prius has more room over the civic in the back seat area. So, to me it is fairly equal.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Quite true.

My 06 Civic is about the same size as my sister's 95 Accord. :)

I LOVE my Civic and am thrilled with the amount of room I have in it. It is a great car!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC