Sienna 7 & 8 passenger, question.

livsmum

Looking at both, 2008 model year. Really, how much bigger are the captain's chairs in the 7 seater and opposed to the 3-across seats of the 8 passenger? I know you can fit carseats on each of the 3 seats of the 8 passenger but wanted to know how much slimmer they are compared to the 7 seater.

TIA,

Shannon.

ADS

mkmama

It cant be too much bigger in the 7 passenger...in my 2008 8 passenger I put a Nautilus and TrueFit side by side in the middle row and they don't even touch.

ETA: I've ridden in them in my 8 passenger and they don't feel any narrower to me...so if they are I think its a miniscule amount.

NannyMom

The differences I think are small. The 8pass doesn't have arm rests. On the 7pass I think the seat fabric extends around the buckle/stalk, not on 8pass. So if you don't include the arm rests, it's just a metter of a couple inches.

Dillipop

We have the 8 passenger and my mom and I can sit comfortably outboard next to a big carseat in the center. Both of us are overweight.

The 8th seat is the trump card the Sienna has over the competition for those years IMO. It really doesn't get in the way at all. I have a heck of a time getting into the 3rd row by trying to squeeze in between the captain seats and I'm calorically challenged so there's no ease of getting into 3rd row IMO. That makes it 2nd row armrests vs extra seat. To me, the extra seating space handily wins out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC