Question Help me organize my car! (in Canada)

L

LittleVeggie

Hello all! I'm looking for some help and advise to puzzle this out. I currently have 4 children, and am 14w pregnant with #5. I drive a 7 seater 2010 Town & Country (essentially the same thing as the Grand Caravan) and I'm trying to figure out the right seats to make this all work. Also, I am in Canada, so I need recommendations for Canadian car seats.

My oldest child is 6.5, 50lb and over 50 inches. She is currently riding in the 3rd row, in a Graco booster (not sure the exact model).
My next is almost 5, also in the back row. She is currently in a 2010 RadianXT, but is over 40lb now and quite tall. She is desperate to be a "big girl" and ride in a booster, and on the occasional trip in HB's car in a booster has proven to be mature enough to handle it.
My 3rd is 3 and around 29lb. She's in the middle captain's chair in a Britax Marathon, a 2007 model with a 48lb weight limit. She'll be in a 5pt for a long while yet.
My 4th is 1 this weekend. He is 28-ish lb and 31-32 inches. He is currently in a 2008 Graco SafeSeat with a 30lb and 32inch limit. So he very clearly needs to come out of that, pronto. The new baby will be using the SafeSeat.

So, how can I organize this? In my ideal scenario I'd only have to buy one booster for my middle daughter to make this all work. I was thinking the Britax Parkway? Any opinions on how well that would work in a very crowded situation? Also, any ideas on how/where/if I could put a convertible seat rf for my son? I'm not 100% crazy about turning him right at a year, despite the fact that he meets all the requirements to do so. But I'm not sure that I have a choice; I can't block off an access point, and I need to be able to get at most of the positions myself. Only my oldest is capable of doing up her own seatbelt, the others require help.

Any advise to save me from having to wrestle 5 car seats in a store parking lot to see what works? :) Thanks!!

ADS

canmom

Hi and Welcome to car-seat.org!

I would try your RadianXT for your 3 yr old in the middle of the third row with the boosters on either side. The Parkway is fairly narrow so it might work. At the moment your harnessed seat will need to go into the middle of the third row as that is the only top tether anchor for that row. However, have a look through the following thread for some information on adding more top tether anchors.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=76281

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC