Need a RF for a Jeep Liberty, HELP!!!

jmefelix

I need some help. Soon I will be buying a conv. carseat for my oldest (8months) since we will have the new baby in the infant seat. I will be putting the conv carseat behind the driver seat and the infant seat will be in the middle. I need a conv seat that doesnt lean to far back rear facing. We need as much front to back room as possible. I tried the Britax Roundabout and I dont like how upright she would have to sit and its huge. Any suggestion?? Thanks.

ADS

Chely7425

What year liberty? There are a LOT of things you can fit in there, and you can brace on the driver's side seat so that opens things up too. Are you dead set on having the seats middle and outboard or would you be open to both outboard?

luckyclov

Welcome to c-s.org! :)

Why didn't you like how upright the Roundabout installed? Was your child uncomfortable? At 8 months old and as long as the seat is properly installed and between 30-45 degrees, it's safe.

The classic style Roundabouts, sold now at Target, tend to look more upright then they really are, though. If rebounding into the back of the vehicle seat is something you're concerned with, Britax allows you to tether their convertibles RF'ing. So, I wouldn't rule the Roundabout out just yet.:)

We had many seats installed RF'ing in the back of DH's old Liberty - Combi Coccoro, Sunshine Kids Radian, Britax Marathon 70, Britax Roundabout 55, Chicco KeyFit, Combi Shuttle, Maxi Cosi Priori - and never ran into a compatibility issue.

jmefelix

It is an '04. I do like having the infant seat in the middle, it fits best there, but I am open to other options since we have to make this car work :) I have the Chicco Keyfit by the way.

jmefelix

I did buy the Roundabout from Target. It seemed to fit okay, but for some reason it just seemed like it should be more reclined. Now doing all my research, I might have had the best option...idk....:confused:

luckyclov

I no longer have my Roundabout 55 (new generation). No reason in particular, I just needed to weed a out a seat. :p But I do currently have a Marathon 70 and the classic Roundabout 50 (the one sold at Target). I like both. Super easy installs and all that good stuff. But I do prefer the Marathon 70 a little bit more. I like how it's a little "deeper". I like the no re-thread harness and 40 lb RF weight limit (vs 35 lbs on the classic Roundabout) and harness pads. I *think* the shell may be a hair shorter on the Marathon 70, but I'm pretty confident my DS will make it to 3 RF'ing in it. He's 20 months old now and about 33".

Chely7425

The britax seats works so well in the liberty, I love them in ours!! We have also had a keyfit, radian, myride, snugride 22 and 35, complete air (hated that one) and... Probably a few other things on ours :). I would do either a roundabout or a myride for your oldest and put both seats out board. I can dig up some pictures of seats in my liberty this evening if you want.

it may appear that I do not have a firm grasp of the English language... blame my iPhone

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I have yet to find a seat that is incompatible RF with my Liberty and we used my Liberty in my CPST class so it has had a ton of seats installed in it. You really should take your car to Babies R Us with the infant seat installed and try out seats to see how they puzzle and how you like the way they install in your car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC