EZ on products

Aprilmom

We are travelling by plane in a months time. We will be renting a full size car and doing lots of driving. For my 8 yo I was planning on bringing a backless booster. In checking him out fit wise he seems to tall and won't have proper head support. I'd rather not bring a full booster so I am considering an 86Y harness or one of the vests. Any idea which would be better? I have a center lap belt in my van with a head rest so I would like use it for there as well. I am in Canada and found a retailer "The Bus Boys"
Sean is 63-65 lbs and I think 56" tall. He is all legs and barely fits in the Radian.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Does kiddo pass the 5 Step Test in most vehicles? If so, then I'd feel fine with the EZOn KidY just in case the rental has deep seats (I didn't fit my rental vehicle seatbelt properly) -- otherwise, if not, then I'd bring a size large Ride Safer Travel Vest.... However, at this weight you'd ideally need a higher weighted tether anchor, so if kiddo still fits a highback booster, I would bring it: Graco Turbo, Airbooster, Britax Monarch & Evenflo Confidence can be used backless for travel & the highback can be stored in luggage just in case (Monarch adjusts the tallest)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
EZOn *vests* are pretty difficult -- they're mostly for special needs kids because they zipper from behind & get anchored into the vehicle.... EZOn harnesses (KidY + 86Y) are pretty easy: 1st time tighten lap belt, then the harness straps & each time after that my kiddo just slipped the harness/chestclip over her head to buckle the lap belt.

I don't know if RSTVs are available in Canada, but I'm guessing that if a child has outgrown all highback boosters by height then the RSTV may not fit well :confused:

I might be wrong about the Monarch adjusting the tallest -- it seemed taller than the Airbooster to me, but I didn't have a side by side comparison (Airbooster is taller than the Turbo, though).

Aprilmom

EZ on now has push button vests, I think they might be easier. Sean hasn't outgrown highback boosters, I am just trying to simplify our luggage for traveling. I am leaning towards the 86Y if I can get it, just waiting for a reply from the retailer. Thanks for your input and help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC