Which is easier to use Marathon or True Fit?

hardychica

I need a rear facing car seat for my parent's car that can accommodate a 11 month baby(25lbs), a 2.8 y.o.(35lbs), and possibly a 9lb newborn. They won't be using this everyday—maybe only five days every 6 weeks. I want to get something that will be easy for my parents to use, particularly flipping between RF and FF as well as adjusting the straps. Does anyone have any experience with the ease of use between the Marathon and True Fit? I'm also open to any other suggestions, however I'd like to keep the price point below the cost of the Marathon and would like to keep the weight limits the same so we can get some longevity out of the seat. Oh, and my parents drive a 2011 Honda Accord so I assume it has the LATCH system.

ADS

KaiLing

I find the marathon very easy to use. I would recommend against a TF, as the oldest child can not RF-- it stops at 35 lbs. A Triumph 65 would be a good option as well, as the harness height can be adjusted without uninstalling and all three children could likely fit RF.

ETA: I believe (someone correct me who has used the marathon with a newborn) that the infant insert for the Marathon has to be put under the cover. Would that perhaps make the Marahon a poor choice to accomidatehe little one?

wyomommyx3

I have MA's... my sister has a TF (that I always have to re-install for her). Hands down I think the MA is easier to install.

The only thing that I like about the TF is the infinite harness which would be nice switching between two kids so you don't have to re-thread the harness. (May not be an issue if they're on the same setting... RF'ing my 15 month old and 2 1/2 year old are)

What about the Graco SmartSeat? The base would stay installed and they could just flip it... and it's an infinite harness too. Somebody has one for sale on swap (Spam I think??) :)

Dorothy

lawgirl5 said:
If you get the Marathon 70 you wouldn't have to re-thread the harness.

TF also has a no-rethread harness. :)

I was actually going to suggest the Triumph 65 or Momentum. :) Both to 40#, ff tp 65# and have the infinite adjust harness. AND can be found for less than the Marathon 70

HTH

ETA- Between your original choices, the Britaxes are well-loved for being easy to install. I love my TF, though...

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC