Booster leaning?

henrietta

Is it normal for high back boosters to lean in certain vehicle seats? We have a FPSV booster, which seems to work great in my Chrysler mini van and dh's VW Passat, but I'm having to drive my dad's Mercury Mountaineer right now and ds is complaining that it's tipping. Would a different booster work better or is it the vehicle seats? (They are very squishy and flat). It bothers me, too, b/c I imagine in an accident, esp side impact, the booster flipping sideways causing the seatbelt to slide off of ds.

Thanks!

henrietta

ADS

Kat_Momof3

it's all a matter of how the booster fits with that vehicle's seats.

I'm not familiar enough with the Mountaineer to recommend a particular booster... so hopefully someone with that car can chime in.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I have 2 boosters that lean in my 3rd row, another doesn't. I finally moved AJ to one of the captain's chairs and gave up!

Traquy

I've had DD in her Compass 540 HBB in a Honda Element, Honda Accord and Ford Escape and it didn't lean in any of them. I did have the seat belt "locked", I'm not sure if that helped or not. I am planning to buy one of the Turboboosters at Target this week for use at her BFF's house (she has an old carseat she uses as her spare that I feel is not safe so I'd rather her use the TB when DD is with them). I will see how it fits in our cars and if it leans. I wouldn't feel good about that either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC