Replacement seat

mommydev

So as I've become addicted to this site (thank you for getting me addicted to something that will keep my children safer, I'm even looking into CPST courses!), I have realized that I have a car seat that needs to be replaced because it was in an accident in DH's car. The accident was actually a while ago and it was a minor one based on the checklist, but the seat is an Evenflo convertible one and they say to replace any seat that was in a crash. I guess it never occurred to me because my son wasn't in the car at the time. My question is, what to replace it with. This would be for DS1 who's 3.5y, 35 lbs, and almost 40" tall. The car it would be in the most is a 2005 Nissan Altima. He is FF, but I want to keep him harnessed for as long as I can. I have a Maestro that I bought hoping to fit in my car, but didn't work so I was planning to return it. Should I use that one or get something else? I know that one only harnesses to 50 pounds, but I'm assuming it would take him a long time to get there...

Any other recommendations? Alternatively, I have a classic Britax Marathon that I will be taking out of my car that he could use if it's better to wait to see what new seats come out in the fall. However, I was planning to use that one for carpooling to preschool in my car. I can probably steal grandma's car seat for that purpose though. This seat doesn't need to fit well with any others as it will be outboard passenger (DS2 is in a KeyFit though). Thanks!

ADS

Jan06twinmom

I would try the Maestro in your DH's car. I think it will last until your DS is old enough (around 6ish) to move into a booster seat.

If you decide you don't like how the Maestro installs in DH's car, then my next choice would be the Graco Nautilus.

Melanie

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I would try the maestro in an different vehicle. Play musical carseats. How does he fit the tribute? Are his shoulders still under the top slots?

Or I would look at the nautilus.

mommydev

The Maestro fits fine in the Altima. Would the Nautilus, Argos, or Frontier 85 be a better choice in terms of lasting longer? Or, should the Maestro get DS to a point where he could use a dedicated booster? He rides much less in DH's car, so that's probably the car we'll try booster training in first since those trips are usually short.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC