Maxi Cosi Mobi vs Britax Hi-Way vs Be-Logic

finn

I am trying to decide between the Mobi, the Hi-Way 2 & the Be-Logic (although it might be out of my price range). So does anyone have any input?

DD would be just over 1 before she goes in it. I drive a Toyota Altezza which I think is the same as the Lexus IS 200, its not a huge car, but its not super small either.

Thanks

ADS

Adventuredad

- Mobi is the most comfortable rear facing seat around. It has a relatively short seat cushion, good leg space and also a very nice sleep position. Angle is adjustable with a handle and this can be changed while driving. It works very well.

Rear facing time is the same as Hi-Way, around 4-4.5 years and a height of about 110 cm. Possible downside of Mobi is that it needs more room than some other seats thanks to the great recline positions. It would not be a good choice in back seat of your Lexus. We often turn airbag off in front passenger seat and use this position. This is more practical for space and is also as safe as the rear (safer when looking at all factors)

- Hi-Way is also very comfortable. Seat is light weight and alos with relatively short seat cushion. SIde are like Mobi nicely curved for great SIP. Hi-Way is the most compact seat around and fits well in small to large cars. It has a narrow base which means it also fits well in cars with sloping seats.

Hi-Way needs about 10-15 cm less space compared to Mobi and will be a nice choice for your Lexus.

- Belogic has a slightly taller seat shell than Mobi and Hi-Way so it will last a little longer. Angle is also adjustable while driving although sleep position is not as good as Mobi.

Space needed is slightly more than Hi-Way but quite a bit less than Mobi. The seat will fit quite ok in your car. I gave away a Belogic to Ketchupqueen after her horrible crash and she loves the seat. She's done a nice writeup fo the seat here on c-s.

All three seats are approved rear facing to 25 kg, 55 lbs. Hi-Way and Belogic are the only two seats in the world which has passed the Swedish Plus Test. This is by far the most strict car seat standard in the world wince it uses a more violent crash pulse and also test forces in neck and head of child. This means it's impossible to any forward facing seat to pass since forces in head and neck are way too high.

Don't you still have a Nordic Freeway? This will be a nice fit in your Lexus.

finn

Thanks heaps, I was hoping you would see this and reply :)

I still have my freeway but cant figure out when it expires :(

Does the Hi-way take up the same amount of space as the freeway? They look like they have a similar shell.

Kanuni

Please ALWAYS consider the space that hiway occupies as: with the additional wedge or without.

So, hiway might not necessarily take 10-15 cm less space than mobi due to this factor. (front to back) I love my hiway, and I wouldn't buy another seat due to this factor, but I just wanted to let you know again, because for me, using without the wedge was not possible due to being too upright. I am just saying this to let you know that, if you buy hiway, it might not end up as being a compact seat as you expected, but of course it might not be the case for you depending on your car. (I experienced the same thing with 3 different cars: vw passat, opel astra and chevrolet captiva suv)

Having said this, I must add that I truly love my hiway (can't pick a favorite between my hiway and mt), and I believe it will certainly "fit" your car. The front seat though might just not be comfy enough for a taller occupant.

Adventuredad

The wedge might be needed in cars with sloping seats which would include Astra and Captiva. Space in front seat of a fairly new Passat with Hi-Way is very generous. I'm 190 cm tall and can sit in the front with no issues.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC