Free or reduced price seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

Where can I find information on a program that would provide a carseat to a very low income family? We have a family at church that is in need of an infant seat. They have asked for a used seat but I hate to see what they will end up with. I am in Wake County North Carolina if that helps.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
COuld your church buy them a Cosco Scenera? It is about $40.

The reason I ask is because sometimes the health departments can't provide seats to everyone. If there is a way for the family to get a seat from the church, that would guarantee them a seat to use.

If the church can help, I would definitely recommend a Scenera. They will get FAR more use out of it than out of an infant carseat.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I have to agree...see if a small group, or a sunday school class would consider "sponsoring" her and purchasing either an infant seat or a Scenara for her.

The small group I'm in is sponsoring a single mom of 2 *large* kids...we're buying the 18m DD who is 38lbs a FPSVD, and the 4yo ds a new booster. Had I not brought it up, the DD would have went into a shield booster when she hit 40lbs because the mom had no choice and no extra income.

God can make it happen, he just might be using you to facilitate it. ;)

bbygrl99

I know that our local Sheriffs office has them for free. Maybe you can contact your local police dept/sheriffs office to see if they offer them also. Also I am not sure what state you are in but in Florida (FHP) Florida Highway Patrol has a safety seat inspection where they give out free seats.

Bryana'sMomma

I'm in Minnesota.

Here if your on WIC or have use a public health nurse you can get a free seat back when my dd was a baby it was a Cosco Touriva now the Scenera.

Also alot of our health insurances in our state will either give you a seat or give you a voucher for to go get one at Target.

If your on low income state health insurance MN CARE, or Medical Assistance here you can get a free seat.

You could have the church give her a babyshower prehaps and make sure she get's a good seat as well as some other items she'd probaly really need.

Dawn

Thank you Apple! I will talk to her. I may be able to help her if it is the lower end of the cost with there income.

They have asked the church members for a used seat in excellent condition but I would rather see them have a new seat if possible. There baby is to be born at Duke. He has some problems(legs not growing properly...) that they have found in utero so a baby bucket will suit him better at first.

I am in Garner. We should all get together some time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC