SKJP has a new name, new seats - Diono RXT

ADS

BabyKaykes

I like it, but I'm not giddy about it. Maybe because I don't need a RF seat? Maybe because I'm over the Radian and have never been a real fan of headwings...

I really want to see this thing in booster mode, though. I've playfully put DS in his Radian and out the seatbelt over him, and it's actually a good fit in the lap belt. So it'll be fun to see this seat get dedicated lap and shoulder guides.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They flashed through the slides pretty quickly during the manufacturer's info part. The new patterns looked to have some pretty (bright) colors (they looked solid from what I saw). They did say that it was going to be wider... that may have been internally, but w/ a seat the size and structure of the RN, I imagine that would impact the external width, too. So, it would still be good for 3 across, but perhaps not fit in all the places a regular RN would.

The name change does coincide with a new person on board, but it sounds like they already had the name picked out. It sure sounded like dee oh no to me, rather than die oh no. They wanted a more "global" name. Personally, I think it sounds a little stupid. They also "updated" their colors (of their logos and marketing), which now look a whole lot like Britax colors, and the boxes look a lot more like Britax boxes (they showed a pic).

bnsnyde

Whew! I was going to hold out, I swear......
but I bought my Radians for sooo cheap. I am happy. I was able to afford them and keep my kids RF.

Not that I won't drool over new seats, lol.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm sure all the cute covers will be for girls and boys will get either gray and black or red and black :mad:

This seat is awesome. I wish Radians would fit in my car, I'll need something next year when Daniel grows out of the CCO. It would be nice to buy a carseat that literally WOULD be "the only seat you'll ever need."

They showed a really pretty blue color...

tam_shops

50# for a booster, I'd love that if it had a height attached to it. Unless it is 20" like the Frontier, we'll need a booster before we hit 50#....

LOVE the idea of blue, might get me over Onyx. It'd match my car instead! LOL

tam

bnsnyde

So my big question is what's the harness height?

Otherwise the Frontier85 will still be the seat I'm going to get someday...

APmama2MAK

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but is anyone else worried about the weight of this thing if it cant be/isnt tethered and latched as a booster? I know there are seats in europe that are required to be tethered/latched in booster mode because they are so heavy and there is a supposed risk of the seat crushing the child into the seat belt etc.

Holly

DaniannieB said:
I also wanted to add it starts at 50# as a booster... that's a first for any seat as a lower limit for booster mode.

50 lbs is the minimum for booster use? Wow, my dd is going to be under 50 lbs for a long time still, and she is 6.

firemomof3

I also wanted to add it starts at 50# as a booster... that's a first for any seat as a lower limit for booster mode.

Wow, thats great...I think. I was hoping this seat would be a possibilty for dd2 but she won't hit 50lbs. until she's probably 8 :eek:

creideamh

Pixels said:
Based on the slots in the cover not going any lower, the headwings haven't changed (except the addition of belt guide, of course).

Dislike! :thumbsdown: I love the headwings for my bebe on the CA and the BLVD. I'd have more love for the RN if they weren't just hanging out up top looking ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Ladyl

Ok, so, my ds1 is like 43 lbs and 44 inches. Which looks like 75tile on both counts, so pretty darn proportionate. He is outgrowing the radian by height. If this is the same height as the radian how in the world do they expect kids to even get to the weight required for booster mode before being to tall for it. :confused:

Mags462

Is this car seat replacing a seat in their current line up or is the RXT an addition to the car seat offerings??

tam_shops

Hey, if it has an 8yr DOE and 18-20" harness slots, and you bought it at a year old, it's be expired before you needed a booster seat anyway, or at least before you were done w/ a booster seat, right?

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC