Recall on Britax B Nimble

msg221

Apparently there has been a recall on this stroller since June 23, 2011 but I only found out about it yesterday. I have a Cowmoo one that actually hasn't even made it out of the box yet. I called Britax and after giving them the serial #, model #, and DOM, they are sending me a new one. They don't want the old one shipped back, so what they are doing is sending the new one with no front wheels; you have to use the ones from your old stroller. So great, now I'll be stuck with one useless stroller that is brand new, just taking up space in my house! I guess I could always use it when BRU has the trade in event, which should be soon, except I really don't need any baby gear. Well, I could always use a car seat, but I'd probably get a better deal online anyway.

ADS

msg221

I just hate the thought of sending it to the dump. That beautiful, brand new Cowmoo stroller! I had to open the box to get the stroller out so I could get the serial # off it!

MomToEliEm

You could at least keep the cover from the old one and use it as a spare for the new stroller. Hopefully the cover is removeable.

geekKT

Are you able to strip it? I'd probably be tempted to try to at least save the cowmoo fabric for a project or something, if I couldn't get the seat cover off. I would feel bad about it going to the dump too. Know anyone local who could trade it in if you don't need to?

Mags462

What about calling Britax and asking to purchase a new set of front wheels?? That way you can have two functioning strollers and then sell one :)

lovemybabies924

All the fabric comes off so save it as an extra set, they don't want the old one floating around so recycle it :) I sold my new one with the extra set of fabrics

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

msg221

What about calling Britax and asking to purchase a new set of front wheels?? That way you can have two functioning strollers and then sell one :)

I thought of this because I thought it would be nice to have two functional strollers. After all, I know what the issue is, I would just make sure the stroller's brake IS engaged, which I normally do anyway. I wouldn't rely on the clicking sound to make sure the brake is engaged, which is what others have done and how they found out the brake wasn't engaged. The Britax CSR said it was the CPSC who said they had to send the replacements with no front wheels, probably so people wouldn't use the recalled ones. I looked on the Britax "store" and they don't even have the B Nimble on there so you can order replacement parts. And I am sure if I called and asked to buy new wheels, they'd say I would have to send back the old wheels or something!

jmefox

a friend of mine tried everything to get new front wheels and britax told her they are not able to ship out new wheels or sell them at this point

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC