TV Free week is over

Morganthe

We lasted an entire 7 days (Sun-Sat) without dd watching the boob tube at all.

So I can now say that her sleep issues, emotional rollercoaster rides, and energy level are not really affected or influenced by the amount of tv she watches daily unless it's extremely excessive. (like when we were insulating the attic) :shrug-shoulders: She still had trouble at the same levels as before the hiatus, especially sleep. Poor thing.

The treat today was several episodes of Zobomafoo (I'm taping because our DVR Cable will be replaced tomorrow by DVR Dish Network).
Currently she is happily watching George Balanchine's Nutcracker Ballet. What a rich quality production! Gorgeous colors & excellent audio track. Nothing like the washed out Barishnikov's version on DVD.

We'll have another TV Free week in 7 days too. Her Kindermusik camp will be from 12:30-2pm and that's enough excitement in the afternoon for her to handle :p It's good for her to come home and just play afterwards :love:

ADS

Yoshi

Well, sometimes a break from TV is nice-regardless! We sort of gave up TV also-our only TV that gets actual TV channels is in our basement family room- the only level of the home I hate to go to because I cannot keep an eye on her and she also wants me to watch with her anyway- so I feel stagnant, trapped- she gets very upset of I even take a potty break for myself:( So, we have sort of phased it (TV) out very casually....She doesn't even ask for it- not even once- it was not really that important to her- more for me, LOL!!! All she used to watch was Backyardigans, Diego, Wonderpets- and I would fold/do laundry while they were on. Sometimes I'd balance the checkbook or read a magazine while sitting with her. Our TV upstairs only playd DVD's or videos, so I can pop in Angelina Ballerina or a wildlife DVD while I cook dinner. That's about it-my son used to watch way more TV when he was little. Mostly animal/wildlife/science related- but it was excessive at times. So I'm glad DD can "take it or leave it". That may change, LOL!

We just recently ended our 3 yrs of Kindermusik:( DD didn't like the classes without mama being with her- she'd beg not to go-loved the teacher, loved the activities, just wanted ME there beside her. So we ended the last class early. She is very attached! Like velcro!

Oh yeah- I used to tell DS after his marathon Saturday am TV viewing "TV makes you grumpy and lazy!" It was SO true for him!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC