Tell me about the True Fit P.

luckyclov

I think I'd like one, but...I know very little about them.

It'd be RF'ing for a 32-inch, 27-lb 18-month old.

Pros? Cons? Anything to be aware of?

ADS

luvsviola

I love mine! It is wide, but I don't need 3 across. My 4 year old is not cramped in it and it had lots of leg room.

msg221

I love it and the kids do too. I do wish they would up the RF weight limit but by the time they do, I probably won't need it RF anymore! I love everything about it except that. Easy to install, still have lots of room for the driver or passenger, easy to remove and wash cover, comfy, and I could go on and on!

rxmommy

My 30", 23lb 18-month-old fits in it with oodles of room to spare. But 4lbs lighter, and growing like one of her sisters, I am not too concerned about the 35lb limit just yet.

I'll be the lone dissenter here, I guess. :eek: I do not love the seat. I honestly wish I'd just bought a Britax or a MyRide. I have a horrible time installing it in my van (captains chair in an Odyssey) - I don't know why, obviously I don't know all the "tricks" and DH can do it in seconds, so it's probably just me! I hate how hard it is to reach the harness adjuster.

I do love the easy off cover and no rethread harness for sure!

I would give you a great price on a gently used one but it's pink. ;)

thepote

It's not my favorite :eek: It's wide and comfy, but the continuous harness bugs me and the completely buried harness adjuster is a horrible design.

My DH isn't the most patient person, and I could totally see a loose, crooked harness thing happening with him putting DD in :rolleyes:

jess71903

Ambassador
I have a regular TF, but it's my favorite seat. There are times when the install can be a pain because of the lock-off location and the fact that they MUST be used for all installs, and the harness adjuster is a pain ( but I hear it's better on the Premier). I've used it RF for DS and now DD, and FF for DS.

Spam

It's one of those seats that's better to try before you buy and luckily now it's at brus so it's easier to find. The harness adjuster isn't as buried on the premiere. I love the no rethread harness, tall shell, and easy off cover. I really would like them to up the rfing limit on it, some don't need the 40lbs, but A hit 35lbs just before turning two and he had tons of room in it, I was sad we had to turn it so soon. It looks comfy, and ffing it has a nice recline, no headslump. I didn't have any install issues, it did take up more space than the myride, momentum, or blvd70 rfing. The harness is a little wide set, I didn't care for the fit on Tucker when I tried him out in recently, he's not as broadshouldered as Austin was. I guess it would depend on your lo's growth pattern, Austin was 27lbs at a year, 35lbs at two and now 42lbs at three, he could have made to at least 2.5 yrs if it had 40lb rfing limit.

luckyclov

I think I'm going to pass. Sigh. I don't keep seats forever, but I just can't get over *only* having 6-ish lbs of use.

Now I'm out of seats I "need" to have.:rolleyes:

Hurry UP, Kiddy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC