How annoying. (re: winter coats, and yes, I know it's July!)

SynEpona

So I was searching for a good website with an overview of how to use rearfacing seats for someone ... I just wanted the basics ie: recline, install, straps below the shoulders. They need to see the info from a 'reputable' source.

This link was looking ok, till I got to the FAQ section, and saw this:

Q: Can I adjust the straps when my baby is wearing thicker clothing, like in the winter?

A: Yes, but make sure the harnesses are still snug. Also remember to tighten the straps again after the thicker clothes are no longer needed. Ideally, dress your baby in thinner layers instead of a bulky coat or snowsuit, and tuck a blanket around your baby over the buckled harness straps if needed.

That makes it sound like it'd be OK to loosen them over a winter coat ... which seems like bad advice to me.

Does anyone have a good link to the info I'm looking for, that doesn't ALSO have bad info on it? Just the basic good stuff about RFng a newborn, nothing too complicated, doesnt' even need to touch on ERF at this point, in fact, better if it doesn't, as they aren't ready for that info yet, and already have an infant seat, so the info is not going to affect seat choice, just the use of the seat they do have. (Currently, I'm certain the straps are set too high for this baby, as they are coming out of the seat near baby's ears ....)

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC