YIKES!!!

CPST_Augie

CPS Technician
I love that my sister is so receptive to car seat info but I *HATE* how easily she is swayed buy friends sometimes. She was with a friend who's 3 year old is in a booster. Well, the friend wanted to run to the store and my sister told her "I'm not comfortable with D in a booster." (D is my 31 pound, 21 month old niece who rides RF in her main seat.) The friend then replies with "She's bigger than C and he's safe in it." :eek: So, sadly, after thinking about that statement, my sister put the baby in the BOOSTER to go to the store! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

YIKES!!! She did ask me about it after the fact and I made it fairly clear (without scare tactics) that even C wasn't safe in that. I then reminded her of a car accident our nephew was in. He was in a booster way too soon (I didn't even know better then) and actually came forward smacked his mom's head, busting her head open and breaking a bone under his eye! (Meanwhile our niece who was old enough to be boostered (and was) had nothing more than a bruise from the seat belt. She was only taken to the hospital because everyone else in the vehicle needed to go.) After our convo I'm confident that she won't be in a booster at all for MANY years but geez....I'm so incredibly grateful that nothing happened on that ride.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC