True Fit shoulder straps

sunnysarah

I am having problems with the shoulder straps on my True Fit.

They are not adjusting at the same rate. So one shoulder fits snug and the other is too loose.
I have tried pulling them both really big and then making smaller with the seat empty, but once it is on my daughter the same problem keeps occuring.

Has anyone had this problem?
Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

ADS

geekKT

When I have this problem, it's usually due to the continuous harness not being even. The harness is like a loop - it comes from the metal splitter plate behind the seat, through the shell and down over one shoulder, through the buckle and down across the leg, under the bum, then back up over the other side. So if I'm not careful when I'm unbuckling, I'll pull and yank a bunch of the slack to one side of the harness. Make sense?

To fix it, I grab the straps near where my son's hips are and even them out, (again, they're connected underneath him) then re-tighten the harness evenly.

Some people use that feature to buckle the kids in without having to adjust the harness tension - they yank the slack to one side, buckle, then even it out and buckle the other half. I prefer to tighten and loosen each time.

Let us know if that helps, maybe we can suggest something else to try. :)

Last edited:

jess71903

Ambassador
:yeahthat:. The "problem" you are having can actually be used to your advantage. I never adjust the tightness of the straps when I get kids in/out, whether RF of FF. You just pull up at the hip strap to make one side loose, get 1 arm in, then pull up on the other to get the other arm in, then pull forward at the chest clip to even them up, and buckle!

sunnysarah

Thank you so much for this! I guess I was too busy saying, "I hate this car seat. I hate this car seat" to figure out this simple solution :)

And Jess I will def try your tip so I don't have to adjust everytime.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC