Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Senior Community Member tracee877's Avatar

Re: More Radians up on CSN

So if you receive the wrong item, what does CSN generally do about it? I ordered a clearance Mac Volo and they sent me the wrong one. And I need to use it on Tuesday. It really would not matter to me to just keep the one I got but it is ugly and I really wanted the one I ordered.
    Tracee - driving a 2013 Honda Crosstour & Mom to:
    Braydon 19 - driving his own car and now in the Army!
    Ashlee 17 - driving her own car
    Keegan 10 - still in his backless Affix

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

The first time I ordered a RN XTSL for another member and they sent an 80SL instead, they refunded the money and let her keep the seat.

The second time it happened for an XTSL that I ordered, the first CSR said they would refund my money and for me to hold onto the seat for 3 weeks to see if they wanted me to send it back. When no refund appeared, I called again and then they refunded my money and e-mailed me UPS shipping labels to ship it back. At least they refunded my money before they received the shipped seat back.

Call them and see what they say. If they do have the one you ordered, I would see if they could send it next day air.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

I have a champagne 65sl in my cart if anyone wants it. $92.00

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    I have a champagne 65sl in my cart if anyone wants it. $92.00
    dang I need one bad for my new daycare boy, I am borrowing a seat now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie87 View Post
    dang I need one bad for my new daycare boy, but I seriously can't figure out how to see the clearanced seats.
    if you want to pp me I can get it sent to your house, since it's chilling in my cart at the moment. I can get it down to 85 with a window cling.

letting it go...

My 80SL in Sport came today. DOM 11/10. I can't see any evidence that the box has ever been opened. I almost didn't want to open it because it was still sealed!! No Strollers.com tape or anything!

But I opened it anyway, and it does not appear to have ever been out of the box. I slid it out of the box but didn't take it out of the plastic bag. Trying to decide what to do with it now. I sold the last excess 80SL I had on CL for $150. But I have a friend who's expecting and I might hold on to it for her baby. Then again, if I sell it I could use the money toward a nice infant seat for her. Or just have the money back to buy the next one that pops up! Oh, decisions decisions! Should I post it on CL? Should I post it on the swap board here? Maybe I'll post a price check. Or should I just plan to hold on to it? My friend will never be able to afford a seat this nice, although she does have a Scenera she can pass down which I bought her about a year ago. But it's girly -- what if she has a boy? And what will they do for their other car? I can just loan her my infant seat for a while... Maybe I should have her come over and "try on" one of my Radians in each of her cars to see how they fit and how she likes them.

I'm driving myself nuts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    letting it go...
    Is this the right link? http://www.strollers.com/asp/public/...s.asp?clid=435

I've been stalking for days (weeks?) and haven't seen a single Radian!

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mainlobster101 View Post
    Is this the right link? http://www.strollers.com/asp/public/...s.asp?clid=435

I've been stalking for days (weeks?) and haven't seen a single Radian!
    That's the one. I'm starting to think they wait to post them until I get busy with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigala View Post
    My 80SL in Sport came today. DOM 11/10. I can't see any evidence that the box has ever been opened. I almost didn't want to open it because it was still sealed!! No Strollers.com tape or anything!

But I opened it anyway, and it does not appear to have ever been out of the box. I slid it out of the box but didn't take it out of the plastic bag. Trying to decide what to do with it now. I sold the last excess 80SL I had on CL for $150. But I have a friend who's expecting and I might hold on to it for her baby. Then again, if I sell it I could use the money toward a nice infant seat for her. Or just have the money back to buy the next one that pops up! Oh, decisions decisions! Should I post it on CL? Should I post it on the swap board here? Maybe I'll post a price check. Or should I just plan to hold on to it? My friend will never be able to afford a seat this nice, although she does have a Scenera she can pass down which I bought her about a year ago. But it's girly -- what if she has a boy? And what will they do for their other car? I can just loan her my infant seat for a while... Maybe I should have her come over and "try on" one of my Radians in each of her cars to see how they fit and how she likes them.

I'm driving myself nuts now.

Does your friend have an infant seat she can use? If so, I'd keep the Radian for her. It sounds like you really want her to have a nice seat. If she DOESN'T have an infant seat to use then I'd sell it to buy one for her. I just got an 80SL and I don't think my daughter would have been big enough to fit in it when she was born... and she was a big baby.

Oops... just read again and saw that you can loan her your infant seat. I'd do that and then give her the Radian also.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    That's the one. I'm starting to think they wait to post them until I get busy with something else.
    I just saw one!!! It wouldn't let me buy it though so I guess someone else got to it first :-(

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I just saw one!!! It wouldn't let me buy it though so I guess someone else got to it first :-(
    oh, that's even worse than not seeing one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    oh, that's even worse than not seeing one at all.
    Definitely! And then I stalked to see if someone would release it from their cart but finally gave up. Oh well... I don't NEED it but it would be nice to have since we have another little one on the way.

Does your friend have an infant seat she can use? If so, I'd keep the Radian for her. It sounds like you really want her to have a nice seat. If she DOESN'T have an infant seat to use then I'd sell it to buy one for her. I just got an 80SL and I don't think my daughter would have been big enough to fit in it when she was born... and she was a big baby.

Oops... just read again and saw that you can loan her your infant seat. I'd do that and then give her the Radian also.
    That's kind of how I'm leaning. I'm going to have them try a Radian in their car and see how they like it. Ideally, they can use the Radian in one car and the Scenera in the other once they're done using the infant seat. I have an OB35A with two bases (and a compatible frame-stroller) they can use for the newborn period. Her other kids have ranged in size at birth from about 6 lbs to about 8 lbs so there's a decent chance of having a little baby who could really benefit from an infant bucket.

PS: If they decide they want the seat, they can use it right away. They have two other kids who will fit in the seat right now. They only have seats for one car (a maestro and a scenera); the other car has a single hand-me-down seat that (a) expires at the end of this year (b) has been in a minor accident (c) is used and has an unknown history, and (d) is a Cosco HBB with a 40 lb harness limit -- and the older of the two car-seat-age kids is too heavy for the harness but the booster doesn't position the belt over her well. The older one is ready for a booster but it's a tight squeeze in their car(s) and might benefit from riding in a Radian for a while. They could maybe put the Radian in the primary car and put the Maestro or the Scenera in the 2nd car.

The more I think about it, the more I want to give the seat to them.

Senior Community Member SuzaBanana's Avatar

Just wanted to update that the Petal XTSL that I ordered (with a few smaller items) at the end of July finally showed up today with a 6/2011 DOM. Brand new!
    integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching